Chapter 32.

Courtney’s P.O.V*

It was an evil plan but three days later, two before they left, I was still waiting for one of them to come to me. I figured Calum would have already had them all convinced, unless he told them the truth and they all know his true name.

Although, I highly doubt that they figured it out.

Everyone was busy packing their clothes and essentials up, so I doubt they even remembered what I had said. I didn’t blame any of them, though, for not remembering. They have a lot going on at the moment, and something is bound to slip their mind.

They’ve rarely been in the house these last few days, doing interviews, and working on their music video. Though, today they have been bugging me if I was coming with them or not, and I’ve yet to give them an answer.

I sat on the couch with everyone around me. I had avoided the question long enough and now they were forcing me to answer them. I held my tongue, not out of spite, but because I honestly didn’t know what to do.

I was still able to travel but did I want too?

“Court seriously.” Calum tries again, sighing as he looked across the living room at me. I rubbed my temples, feeling a headache coming on.

“I don’t know Cal,” I said then went on. “Isn’t touring like guy time or something? Why would y’all want a hormonal pregnant woman with you?” Ashton sighs beside me this time, looking over at our friends.

I knew he wanted me to go and I, kind of, wanted to go too. Then I remember how miserable it was and that is what is changing my mind. I looked down at my hands, feeling defeated by the situation.

“I’d love to go with y’all but I finally got settled here and I’ve got so much to do before this little guy comes. If I was to go, I’d come back and be rushing trying to finish everything.” I rubbed my stomach, emphasizing that this little baby would be here, soon.

“So, it’s settled. You’ll stay here, by yourself.”  Calum says uneasily, trying to get everyone to confirm on the plan.

Ashton immediately shook his head saying, “No, I’m not leaving her by herself. It’s not happening.” I didn’t meet anyone’s eyes, looking down at my lap. Ash and Calum were right. Once they left, I’d be alone.  Jessica was heading home the same day that they were leaving.

“Well it’s her decision Ashton, if she wants to stay here you have to let her.” Luke joins in the conversation. Jessica was cuddled up beside him, taking in what everyone was saying. I was glad her and Luke were together, they were too damn cute when they were.

“She’s not stay here alone. I won’t allow it.” Ashton growled back, scaring me from the tone he used. I turned to him, astonished that he would talk to Luke like that.

“Seriously?” I asked, anger bubbling through my veins. He shrugged his shoulders, not knowing what to say. I rolled my eyes, the annoyance with Ashton growing the longer we sat in silence. No one knew what to say, since they didn’t think Ashton would lash out like that.

I, slowly, inched my way off the couch, heading upstairs to cool off. There was too many emotions flooding my sense, and as I lay down on my bed, my eyes welled up with tears.

Damn mood swings anyway.

Ashton’s P.O.V*

I leaned back on the couch, feeling utterly deflated. This went from something small to something huge in seconds; and all because of me.  I couldn’t help it though, I don’t want her away from me, in a place so far away from what she is accustomed to.