Chapter 23.

Courtney's P.O.V.

I sat with Jessica on the patio of her dad's porch. The warm sun felt uncomfortable to me, as it was much hotter than I am accustomed to. Although to everyone else this was a normal day for them. They, at one point, had made comments about today being a cooler day than normal and, sadly, I believed them.

Luke, Ashton, and James were all in the giant underground pool, messing about and splashing the water at one another while Jessica loaned me a bikini to wear in case I felt up to going in the pool. I had it on but I was wearing a dress cover up since I wasn't completely comfortable just wearing it. Even though everyone knows about the pregnancy, my friend wise, I'm still scared to actually let people see my stomach. I was in denial that it was still flat but deep down I knew it wasn't. There was a slight curve to it now, making it really noticeable if you were looking closely.

Everyone, meaning Luke and Michael, does know now. Michael overheard Cal and I talking on the bus but didn't want to say anything about him knowing until the other night and Luke found out from his mom; I had told her that she could inform him.

 It would save me from telling him.

I was fine with them knowing; I just don't want all the fans of the guys to know just yet. Not that I don't love their fans or anything like that because some, well mostly all of them, are really nice; I just don't want them to get the wrong idea about this baby and me being with the guys.

"You're still doing my hair aren't you?" Jessica asked as she turned over in her fold-able chair so that she could tan her back. I turned my head, smiling at her but seeing a slight smoke arise from her neighbor's back yard. The smell hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Of course; I have thought about doing a side braid, messy bun type thing maybe with some curls too? I'm still looking at styles but whatever I find will be perfect." I told her with a small smile, earning a squeal from her.

I tried covering up my nose because the smell of barbecue was making me sick but it didn't work. I was up out of the chair and running inside before she could even ask what was wrong. My legs collapsed right in front of the toilet as I threw up the breakfast and lunch I had eaten a little bit ago. I leaned back for a second, feeling a hand rubbing my back gently and my hair being swept out of my face.

Even though I still felt quite queasy, I was glad that I had Ashton to help me. I looked up at Ash to see him frowning at me. Before I could ask him for some water, I leaned forward again. This time, though, nothing came out.

"Breathe babe." Ashton voice said softly. I shut the lid then flushed the toilet, letting the smell wash away as I breathed deeply.  My cheek rested against the cool porcelain as I felt the nauseous feeling pass.

Ashton stood up, grabbing a wash cloth off the rack and wetting it slightly. He got back on the floor beside me, placing the damp cloth on my cheek than dabbing it across my forehead.

I smiled softly, opening my eyes to see him staring at me concerned.

"Thank you." I said softly. He half smiled a little before helping me stand up.

We exited the bathroom to find James standing against the wall, his head tilted back as he looked up at the ceiling. Once he heard us, he immediately asked if I was okay. I nodded my head, giving him a small yes before telling them both that I was going to get a glass of water from the kitchen so I can wash my mouth out.

They both walked back outside as I went into the kitchen and rinsed my mouth of the horrid taste. When I walked back out to the pool, everyone stared at me; creeping me out slightly.