Chapter 22.

Ashton's P.O.V.

I sat on the beach's shore, the water only running over my feet. My mood isn't the best right now. I feel like everyone is keeping something from me and I hate it. Every time I come into a room with the guys hey all fall silent and look to the floor. Courtney's not much better. She's been staying in her bunk or hotel room all day. She never comes out unless she leaves for food or to use the bathroom or when she talks to Liz; and she talks to her a lot.  Well until today.

We're in Adelaide today and the rooming situation is much like it was at Court's house. Court and I are sharing a room with Liz and then Luke, Calum, and Michael are sharing the other room. I don't mind sharing a room with her since it would be nice to hear her talk; even if it is to only Liz.

My phone buzzed in my jeans pocket causing me to chuckle since it buzzed against my keys and made a weird noise. I pulled it out, seeing Courtney's name and a text underneath it asking if I wanted to hang out with her, Jessica, Luke, and James.

I grinned, thinking that she was finally talking to me again, before relying with a sure. I locked my phone before shoving it back in my pocket and getting up; dusting the sand off my butt. I headed back to the hotel, stopping on my way up to sign some things or take pictures for fans. I smiled and waved to the ones who didn't get a photo before going to the elevator. It made me happy to see all our Australian fans who came to the hotel to see us. Once I reached my floor I pulled out my key card and unlocking the door.

We had three cards for our room and then the boys had three for there's. Although, we would probably all lose them if it wasn't for Liz having a copy to both rooms. I walked into our shared room, immediately hearing the shower running. Courtney must be showering then. As she was in there I decided to get changed as well since I probably had sand in my pockets. I tossed my phone on the bed and went to my suitcase.

It was lined against the wall, Courtney's lying on top of it since when we got here we weren't really caring where we put them. I picked hers up, not realizing the top was unzipped, losing grip on the side making her clothes fall out. I muttered some colorful words as I bent down, sitting down on the floor, to pick her clothes up. I felt awkward handling her undergarments. I picked up the final shirt only to have a white card fall out of the bottom of it.

My eyes scanned it for a moment, setting the shirt aside to pick the card up. I expected it for a moment before opening it up. I saw a black and white photo inside it with some words written at the top along with Courtney's full name.

 Immediately, I knew what it was.

I used to see them a lot when my mother had them for my younger brother and sister but I couldn't believe that it was Courtney's.

"What are you doing?" Courtney's voice asked from the bathroom door. I looked up to see her with a towel knotted around her and her wet hair down.  I held the picture up for her to see, earning a small gasp from her.

"You're pregnant." I said, not in question form but in a knowing way. She froze, turning white.

"Ashton, I can explain." She said as she took a step forward. My stomach dropped. This girl, I am almost positive I love is pregnant, but not by me. I dropped my hand, feeling sadness already. My gaze shifted down to the floor as I could feel tears pricking at the corner of my eyes.

"No Ashton." Her voice came out, choking. She rushed forward, wrapping her arms around my shoulders.

"What do you have to explain? That I'm too late? You're pregnant by someone and it's not me. I've already lost you." I cried. She didn't speak for a few minutes so I guess I was right. I started to move, getting out of her embrace, when she squeezed me tighter.