Chapter 30.

Okay before you read, just want to say that I am extremely sorry for the lack of update Friday. There was too much going on last week and I didn't have any time to write. Unforunately I have to work this week and will most likely not be able tow rite. I'm terribly sorry about that and promise that once there is an update written I will post it! :)

Courtney’s P.O.V*

“Nope.”

That was basically the last thing I had said to Ashton in about twenty hours. It wasn’t that Ashton was mad that I didn’t tell him or anything like that. It was just, I was tired and went to bed pretty early last night and this morning when I woke up, they had already left to go and work things out with their manager about touring.

While they were gone, I had went and set up my permanent doctor here. She went ahead and had me come back to check over me.  She was really sweet and I actually liked her better than my other doctor I was seeing.  She was just, in general, a nicer doctor; not that there was anything wrong with my last one.

Since I was at the doctor’s, Jessica had gone and started looking at universities today, so when I got back, I was home alone.

I didn’t mind being home alone, or anything, because my stuff from America, that I had ship before we left, had finally got here.

So while everyone was gone, I took the liberty of going through it and getting out the stuff that I had needed.  

The first box I opened was full of different books and CD’s. I left that one alone, since it wasn’t things I needed at this moment, and moved to was full of things that I had just thrown into a box because I had been too lazy to actually go through it.

For the next half hour, I searched through the different things my father and I had boxed up. More clothes, that I surely couldn’t wear now, shoes, and some of the pictures I had. I didn’t even know I had kept most of these, so it must have been a box my dad put things in.

As I looked through them, my eyes welled up with tears. A lot of them were random ones of my brothers and I when we were growing up, but then I came across ones from my teenage years. My mom, Kyle, James, a few of my old friends, and, even, Blake’s face popped up through them.

I wonder where my dad found these, I’m almost positive that I threw all of the photos of Blake and I away.  Oh well, these few of him can go in the trash as well.  I put them on the table, moving to the next box. This one was bigger than the others, and I don’t remember seeing a box like this when we were finished.

The tape around it was a pain to get open, but after cutting it, I was able to get it open. I placed the knife that I had used to open the boxes, on the coffee table before moving the flaps open to find a lot of pink packing peanuts and a letter on top.

I grabbed the letter, inspecting the outside of it before tearing it open. Inside was a folded up piece of paper that I found to be written from my dad.

‘Well Court, you’re gone. I’m hoping you like it over there and that you’re taking care of yourself and my grandson. It’s still weird to be saying that, you’re having a baby. Who would have thought that? Not me, that’s for sure.  You were always the one who wanted to wait to have children, always saying that you were going to leave this town and never return. You’re halfway there. I want you to return though, even if it’s a small town, it’ll always be your home.

It’s so weird to come home now and find the house empty. Before you left, I knew you would be home sometime, but now it’s different. Kyle is home a lot, though, so it’s not too lonely around here. I like having him around, unless he’s taking advantage of my house, then he’s back to his house.