chapter 24 - makes sense

(All of the answers, well most of them anyways! :)

School was over when I got back. It was actually like midnight when I walked into my house. My dad gave me heck until I explained to him what I was doing. I slept through my alarm clock and through first period. I was running to school after social had started until Emerald's voice invaded my thoughts. She wanted me to pick up the boys and bring them to see her because she has some stuff to discuss with all of us. Do I ever get a break?

I called Kane and he picked my up in the middle of the street. There was no one around, so it was fine. We went to go get Evan first, only because he was the closest. Not that I want to stay with him the time it will take us to get to Drew's house. Evan would be at school right now, so that's where we headed. I've been to Evan's school before, its way nicer than mine. Kane landed beside the front parking lot and I jumped onto the ground. As fast as he landed he was up in the sky again.

I knew he just didn't want people to get freaked out. I slid my hands into my pockets and strolled into the school. No one was in the hallways, which was a nice thing. I'd rather not make a scene. I found my way to the office and leaned against the front desk. The lady seemed startled, "H... How can I... Help you?" She asked with couriosity.

"I'm looking for Evan. Evan Degen." I sweetly smiled at her.

"How do you know him?" She asked, kind of taken back.

"He was my boyfriend." I clicked my tounge. "Don't worry I'm not here to beat him up, just kidnap him."

He eyes widened in horror.

"I'm kidding!" I held my hands up in surrender, "He has been summoned. Emerald would like to see him."

She gave me a questioning look, "Look lady, I need him or I'm going to be in some serious shit. So please just call him down to the office."

She slowly nodded and her hands shook as she picked up the phone. All through out the school you could hear her voice on the intercom as she called him down. The bell rang not long after and Evan strolled in. He took one look at me and turned on his heal and walked out.

I caught up to him and grabbed his arm. "Evan, I need to talk."

"About what Kim?" He said angrily.

I looked at him with disbelief and people were starting to gather around us. I didn't care, I don't know them. Evan's social life can go down the drain for all I care. "Emerald needs to speek with you. I was told to get you."

He snorted, "Really? Well why didn't she get me herself?"

"Would you seriously rather be teleported?" I let my jaw hang open.

"I'm not talking to her or you ever agin."

I smirked, "So... then I'll see you once I've picked up the others."

He scowled then turned to walk away from me.

I crossed my arms over my chest, "HAVE FUN BEING TELEPORTED!!!" I laughed at everyones expression and walked back out of the school.

Half the school followed me as I walked into the middle of the school field. 'Time for a grand entrance Kane.'

He laughed, 'And a grand exit.'

I looked over at the crowd of teenagers, "It was nice seeing you all. Keep a good eye on Evan, you might miss something extrodinary!" I smiled at them and raised my hands above my head just as Kane swooped down and picked me up.

I wish someone could have taken a picture of their horrified faces.

Drew was easier to deal with. He welcomes me with open arms and carried me out of the school. Kane didn't swoop down and pick us up this time though. Logan was hard to deal with at first, but he agreed to the dragon as soon as I mentioned teleporting. My favorite part of the day was watching all the peoples faces. Some were all like 'Holy motherf*cker that's cool' and others were all like 'Holy sh*t its a dragon. RUN!' We even had a few people faint. That vagley reminded me of Logan......... hehe

When we landed back in the field, Emerald looked a bit too happy. Then she frowned, 'Where's Evan?'

I sighed, "He's pissed. I told him you would teleport him here beacuse he wouldn't come with me."

She laughed, 'Okie dokie then.'

Evan apeared beside her. He looked a bit suprised, then angry. He began to walk over to me, but hit an invisible wall. I started to laugh histarically. When he opened his mouth and started to yell and I couldn't hear what he was saying, I fell to the ground clutching my stomach. Drew and Logan were laughing at him too.

'Okay. Now down to busniess. Kim I thought from the first time that I saw you that Evan would be it but after that fight I knew it couldn't be him. I know for sure that it's not Logan cause he has always hated you. So I'm thinking it must be Drew. That's the only other option. As for your friend Lana, we still have to figure out which one of the triplets she is teamed up with. It will make everything a whole lot easier because I know who the other shadows are.'

"WHOAH!!! Hold up. You're going way to fast. What is Drew to me?" I asked with my brows scrunched together.

'Followers are teamed up with Riders. They are kind of like your soul mate, but in a deeper level. The same thing goes for my sisters Followers and Shadows. Shadows are the oposite of Riders. Your friend, sorry x-friend, Lana is a Shadow. You already knew this.'

I looked at her with an open mouth, then I looked at Drew who was looking at Emerald with a confused expression.

"Team mates?" He asked, "Team mates that are lovers? that makes no sense."

'Yes it does.' She smiled, 'Sorry to tell you Evan, but you and Kim would have never worked out togehter.'

I blinked a few times. "You don't have to rub it in his face!"

'Sorry, well anyways. I have to give your friend Lana powers because I gave them to you. Which means she can give powers to the other followers. So with that being said, here are your powers boys.' She smiled and snapped her fingers together.

I had to close my eyes because the light was so bright. All four of them lit up like light bulbs. Emeralds went away quickly because she was gone. The tree boys fell to the ground in pain. I didn't know which one to run to. I couldn't help all of them, there's only one of me. Drew was the one who screamed first, so I decided to go to him first. I grabbed his hand and told him to breath.

He quickly relaxed and the light left him. Evan was next. I didn't hold his hand though, just told him to breath. Then Logan, who sounded like he was in the most pain. I grabbed his shoulders and told him to calm down and just breath. It didn't work, he started to hyperventalate.

"Logan, do this for your parents. Just breath. It's going to be fine as soon as you relax." I said to him calmly. Evan and Drew came over and started to help me. "Does he have asthma?" I asked frantically.

Evan searched his pockets, "Here." He handed me his inhaler.

I put it in Logans hand and he knew how to use it. I sure as hell didn't. After a few minutes he was calm and the light went away. I tilted my head as I looked at Logans face. "What is that?" I asked pointing to his left temple.

It looked like a burt heart. Kind of like the swirls that I had, but he only had one. I looked at Evan. He had a burnt star on his left temple. Then I looked at Drew.

My eyes got wider, "She wasn't kidding."

Drew lifted his hand to his temple, "What do I have?"

"A swirl." Was all I managed to say.

My lips pursed together. I think that the symbols they have go with their dragon rider. It would make sense. So Emerald wasn't lying when she said that Drew was mine. I wonder who has the Princess. I also wonder who the other dragon rider is. So many things to think about. Who are the other shadows? What kind of things can they do? What kind of things can these boys do? What can I do that Emerald is keeping from me? I'm glad that some of the stuff is cleared up though.

Epic chapter of great proportions!!! Tell me what ya'll think!!! Wow, I've been saying ya'll a lot today. Huh? I normaly don't say it....

Fan, Vote, and COMMENT!!!! :D