chapter 1 - normal day

• Dedicated to Autumn, she told me that "A unicorn can do anything you want."

      “Did you hear about the boy in Toronto? They said his entire skin turned blue! Isn’t that crazy!” Annie exclaimed as she gestured to her whole body.

         “Yea and his hair turned white. Like newly fallen snow, white!” Added Violet.

         “You guys are so mean! It’s not like they have a choice,” I argued.

         “Yea that imaginary lady is changing them.” Annie said as-a-matter-of-factly.

         We all laughed. People were changing. They said that they saw a lady. She gave them a box, and when they opened it they changes. Instantaneously. Then they never saw the lady again. Now we have about 100 people around the world who think they’re going crazy. We have green people, people who can shoot sparks out of their finger tips, and some look completely normal until they change into a wolf. It’s like fairy tales exploded all over the world. The united nations are trying to investigate, but all they have to work with is the mystery lady. No one has seen her, well except for the people who have changed.

         “Well sorry, but I’ve got to get to art class. Have fun in science,” i say to Annie and Violet.

         “Bye Kim. Be careful, you never know when you’re going to see the ‘teens ghost.’ I hear she’s coming for you next,” Annie joked.

         I smiled devilishly. “When she comes ill be sure to send her your way Annie.”

         Some how the lady had earned the name ‘Teen Ghost.’ I think it’s because she only changes teenagers. So far.

         Annie and Violet turned away from me and started walking towards the other side of our stupid ‘U’ shaped school. I walked the opposite way towards art.

         I walk into art and automatically see Victoria and Lana who of course are watching their favorite show. Republic of Doyle. They are obsessed with it. I take my regular seat across the table from Jade. We share a look that says ‘why, why them.’

         Just before the first bell rings Julia, Fern, and Olivia walk in to take up the table in front of ours.

         “I FINISHED MY OWL!!!” Julia yells with her drawing book open above her head. “It took me all day yesterday but it’s finally FINISHED.”

         Lana looks up from her iPod for just a second, “Cool.” She says then almost immediately her attention goes back to her show.

         “It looks really nice,” Jade says. But I know she doesn’t really care.

         “What’s it for?” I ask.

         “Oh, I’m drawing different band symbols,” she replied.

         BEEEEEP

“Please stand for O’ Canada,” the principal said over the intercom.

         We all stood and listened to the grueling 2 minutes of an upbeat version of our national anthem. Once it was over we all sat and listened to our principal with the announcements. Usually there’s just one or two about what sports teams are practicing after school or something about the grade 12’s grad. Not this morning.

“good morning, we have an assembly at 10:30 this morning.” He didn’t sound normal. “Please behave yourselves for we have some special guests visiting us,” his tone was... scared. “guests from the government here this morning to make sure we watch a viewing of the united nations. They are going to try to figure out what has been happening around the globe. Have a nice morning.”

There was something about his tone that scared me. It was like someone was holding a gun to his head as he said it. Well of course someone was, it’s the government. What would you expect?

“Well good morning,” Miss Ali was trying to break the scary silence. “Today the 10’s will be trying to finish their painting techniques. Remember to use the side of your brush. Try not to...”

I didn’t hear the rest of what she said. I blocked her out by putting my ear buds in.

All I could hear from my little painting world was Victoria, Lana and Jade laughing about something stupid like they always do. Somewhere in the middle of class I joined in with the jokes.

“Victoria, get to work!” my teacher yelled from across the room.

“Yea Vicky, use the right side of your brain and not the left.” I laughed at her.

“Pssh. Don’t you tell me what to do!” She snapped back.

“Victoria,” Miss. Ali was now at our table. “Your behind. You need to focus.”

“I know,” she replied in a sad, pouty voice. “It’s just... I can’t.... uggg!”

Everyone gasped.

“VICTORIA!!!! Don’t swear!!!” Olivia yelled from her table.

In art ‘cant’ is considered a swear. We use it to joke around.

Me, not really paying attention, asked; “When would you use your full brain?”

Everyone looked at me with a face that said ‘What are you smoking?’

Lana was the one who answered, “You only use it when your in a car crash. You scream ‘AHHH, HELP ME!!!! IM IN A CAR CRASH!!!” she flailed her arms around everywhere.

We didn’t know how that was funny, but we still laughed until we cried. We laughed for a good 10 minutes until Miss. Ali told us it was time to clean up.

When the bell rang, we all filed out into the hallway. We all sort of paused for a second to look at the people in the hallway. There were people in black suits everywhere. Each door had a man and a woman standing beside it. It was abnormal. Normally everyone’s so loud that you can’t hear yourself think. On a normal day you have to walk as fast as you can so no one can pass you just to slow down in front of you. Not today. The hallways were dead silent as we walked single file to class.

Hey, thank you all who took the time to read this book. I'm not making a cast for this story cause almost everyone is based on people I know... Mostly just their personalites.

Btw.... this is my first story on wattpad!!! I'm like so proud of this story. It's my pride!

On the side is a picture of how I imagine Kim to look. :)

Fan, Vote, Comment.... whatever else you would like :)