chapter 10 - new life

"EVAN!" I screamed as I ran out my door.

I had spotted him in the middle of my counciling sesion.

I almost jumped on him, but quickly decided not to. So I just hugged him.

He didn't seem surprised to see me run out. I usually do this.

"Why hello beautiful." He said while still in our embrace.

I laughed, "your just saying that."

"No," he held me out to look at him. "You are amazing." He pulled me back into the hug.

"No you are," I smiled, but he couldn't see it. "Oh shit."

"What!" He looked at me with concern.

"I'm still in my counselling session." I grabbed his hand and speed walked into the house.

"Bye mom!" He waved behind him as we walked through the door.

We walked into the living room and sat down on the love seat.

"Well I'm glad you could finally join us. She won't stop talking about you today." Synthia let out a slight smile.

"Well sorry but you didn't seem like you wanted to talk about anything else. All week all we've been talking about my life and not why your here." I smirked at her.

"Well would you like to talk about why I'm here?" She tilted her head slightly.

"Why is she here?" Evan asked to me.

"Well I knew I had to tell to, but I didn't want to say it over text message. So here it goes." I sighed and looked at Evan then Synthia then the floor.

"I have reasons to believe that I am the dragon rider." Evan gasped and Synthia was about to open her mouth, but I stopped her. "Actually I have proof."

'What kind of proof?" Evan asked.

"Uh.... The dragon egg." I smiled and looked back to the floor. "Trust me I've never seen anything like it. Its bigger than an ostrich egg and its covered in scales. The worst part is that it glows."

I looked up to see Evan staring at his lap.

Synthia stood up. We both looked at her. "Well then, I'll see you tomorrow. When I do see you, you better be out of this whole idea. Because that is the reason I am here. Is to make you forget." She stomped out of my house.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think it was appropriate to say over a text or a phone call." I put my arm around Evan who was looking at his lap again.

He sat there for a few seconds before looking at me. "I get it," he smiled. "But your pay back is, you have to show me."

I rolled my eyes, "You were just looking of an excuse to see it, weren't you?" I smiled.

"Yup!"

We got up and I led him down stairs. We stopped in front of my bedroom door.

"It's in there..." I paused to look at him.

"Have you gone in 'there' at all this week." He gestured to all of the junk out side of my room. "It looks like you moved out."

"Uh.. I kinda.... ignored my room." I smiled at him.

"Well lets go look then." He smiled back and put his arm around my waist.

I sighed and opened the door. In my room, the egg laid right where I left it. In the middle of the floor.

"Whoa... you were right! It's soooo cool." Evan let go of me and went to go sit beside it.