chapter 14 - magic's price

"Followers?" I raised an eyebrow.

She started pacing in front of me.

"What's a follower?" I asked again.

'I have followers and my sister has followers' she looked at me.

"So? What's the point?" I crossed my arms.

'Hers are very dangerous for you to be around when you are at this stage.'

"Stage? I'm at a stage?" I placed my hands on my hips.

'Yes, of course you are.' She looked at me with a 'duh' expression.

"Okay then... Well can you please tell me who and what these followers are? Oh and why I keep hearing these voices in my head?" I sat in the grass and Puff came and crawled into my lap.

Emerald sat in front of me.

'Well first of all you heard how I had a sister?' I nodded my head and she continued. 'Well her name is Amethyst. We are complete opposites. Since she could take away all magic, I can bring it all back. We each were gifted with three followers. They were like henchmen to us. Doing what we say and working for us. You actually know one of mine and all three of hers.'

"Really? Who are they?" I asked with a bit of anxiousness in my voice.

'Well her three are those triplets you saw today. That's why you probably felt uncomfortable near them. The one of mine that you know is Evan. That's probably why you felt drawn to him. Because he's all good and so are you.' She smiled.

"So... why do I hear voices then?" I raised my eye brow.

''Well that’s the recognization part of your training. You can tell what kind of creature someone is. You probably heard something along the lines of 'follow' coming from those three boys right?'

"Yes, but I don't see how that has to do with anything."

'It's a natural instinct that will help you know exactly what you are fighting.' She shrugged. 'Simple as that.'

I looked down to Puff.

That was a lot to take in. So I can tell what people are and Evan is good?

"Can Evan do magic?" I looked her in the eyes.

‘Only if I change him, but I won't ever do that.'

"Why the hell not?" I stood up, "That's completely not fair!"

"Because if I change my followers, Amethyst automatically gets hers and that means that she can come back.'

I was silent.

'I am truly sorry, but that's sadly magic's price.'

:o soo... you like?

Now yo know what followers are!! Next chapter you will know what a shadow is... so stay tunned!

As for the song... I had this for my skating carnival solo in 2011 and I just recently found it and I think its kind of appropriate cause its about spells and I really do like it :DDD

And I' m sooo sorry for the long wait, I seriously had no idea what to write. I mean I know what I want to happen in this story I just have no clue in the world to write it.

Fan, vote, comment and I hope you enjoyed it ;)