Chapter 25

Kim's P.O.V

I stared at the slammed door.

"Kim?" Sam was speaking directly to me. I couldn't concentrate. My throat demanded blood, it hurt, it hurt a lot.

"Yes?" I asked. The chiming voice, like bells, that alien voice that was now mine disturbed me. But what rubbed salt on the wound was Sam not looking me directly in the eyes.

Had I changed so drastically? Jared wouldn't acknowledge my presence, in my time of need. Sam refuses to make eye contact. Quil leaves. It hurts, it stings, more painful than my throat.

"The Cullen's have decided to help you and teach you..their ways. If you refuse to cooperate and wish to take human life, I'm going to have to kill you here and now."

I was gob smacked. Stunned. Shocked, that Sam could even think that I'd want to take human life.

"Of course I want to adapt to the Cullens' lifestyle," I said frostily.

Sam nodded at the doctor and left, no goodbye. Was I even Kim Evans anymore?

"What about my mother?" I croaked, my throat was increasingly getting painful.

"She's alright," the doctor said, his eyes gentle, "You need to hunt, Jasper and Emmet will take you." There was something in his expression. Pity. Yeah well I pitied myself too. I was a vampire. A monstrous species, predatory by nature. Natural instinct being only to kill.

The doctor and the pixie like Cullen left the room. Self hatred was taking a deep root within me. Boiling over with anger and misery.

"Stop," said the lean Cullen, softly.

I looked at him inquisitively, jagged scars were prominent on his face but that did not subtract from his beauty.

"You need to stop blaming yourself, hating yourself, feeling suicidal," he said, looking at me.

"Are you the mind reading Cullen? I can't help it, no offense, but this isn't exactly ideal. This ruins all my plans. How will I even see my friends!"

"I'm the 'feeling the emotions around him' Cullen. Jasper," said Jasper, stretching his arms forth. I shook them, and calmness spread through me. I looked at him, puzzled but he gave me a reassuring smile.

"Hey! Don't sound so darn depressed. You're a temporary Cullen, be honored," chuckled, the one I assumed now was Emmet.

"You don't seem very vampiric," I observed dryly.

"Sorry to disappoint, can we go now?" Asked Emmet impatiently.

Jasper walked towards the window. We weren't going to jump! Were we?

"You first," said Jasper, opening the window. I looked at the 4 storey fall and completely blanched.

"You expect me to-" I was cut off, as a hand pushed me from behind, I jerked forward and I was falling.

2 seconds. Of liberating freedom. All the worries and hurt pushed to the back of my mind. It wouldn't be too bad to die this way. As the ground rushed forth, natural instinct took over. I was amazed that I landed on my feet, completely unscathed.

Two pairs of feet landed behind me and I turned around to glare at Emmet. He had pushed me. He grinned sheepishly at my accusatory stare and ran. But running wasn't the word to describe it. With inhuman speed, in a fraction of a second, he was out of sight.

"Come on," said Jasper's voice, but when I turned around he had gone too. However, I could actually smell their distinctive scent and ran too, following the scent. Soon I caught up.

It was amazing, the rush of running cleared my mind. I could see each pinnacle of detail in the forest. The creasing in leaves, the elaborate lines in a spider web.

A new scent caught my attention. Food. I was literally salivating. Using my instincts, I lunged towards the mountain lion, draining it lifeless and craving more blood. I had truly become a monster.

    ★★★★★★★★★★★★★

The next three days were miserable and adrenaline pumping. My mother was told of my condition. I hadn't known, but she knew that the myths of La Push were true, therefore, she knew of the cold ones. Carlisle told me that Sam was restraining her for visiting me and rightly so, I could end up hurting my mother.

My mother notified my friends that her and I had gone to a nonexistent relative's funeral and would be staying there a few days to comfort them. My only form of sanity was texting them, even though I had to pretend I was still normal.

Hunting was my favourite time, I could forget about everything and be emotionless. Jared had not visited. After everything he had not visited. Did he even feel that imprinting attachment anymore now that I wasn't human?

My heart contorted and pulled in every direction, agonizingly, when I thought of him. I couldn't even find relief in sleep anymore or bear to look at my vibrant red eyes.

I was sitting in my temporary room,  drawing, when I heard a heartbeat getting closer to the Cullen house. That rancid wet dog smell. A knock. I snapped to attention, I knew that smell. I heard Carlisle answer the door.

Jared's voice ask softly if I was doing alright. I leaped off the bed and ran to the top of the stairs. I saw Jared, standing at the porch, not even coming in. His eyes snapped to mine, and his eyes held all the misery and pain in the world. Within half a second, his emotionless face was back.

"Thank you," he said to Carlisle, without breaking eye contact. Then he left. Without saying anything. Just checking up on me. Not even a hello. Anger boiled inside me and my eyes twitched irritably to cry but not being capable of doing so now that I was a vampire.

More of Jared in next chapter I promise:) I took a week to update because I had to delete it from my phone a few days because my storage was fudging up. Hope you're liking the new turn, I'm enjoying writing it. I watched 'Annabelle' last weekend, it was scary 0.0 all my girl friends were like cowering in the corner while my boy mates were like this isn't scary with a straight face. Clearly faking like, it was scary!