Chapter 9

I'm sooo sorry I updated so late :0 To make up Imma post two chapters at the same time :) This chapter is in Jared's P.O.V and took me ages because writing in a guys' point of view is just hard cx I think his P.O.Vs are gonna be rare in this story .. enjoy ! xxx

Jared's P.O.V

"Jared Embry's here!" My dad roared from the door.

Before I could even open my eyes, Embry was in the sitting room. He sprawled down on the sofa right on my legs. Huh, must've fallen asleep on the couch.

"Embry!" I hissed.

"Dude move your fat legs, you're hogging the couch," Embry said flicking on the television.

"Says the one," I mumbled, shifting my legs and nearly drifting back to sleep.

Dude. Kim called me that, I recalled and instantly I craved to be with her. God, I was loosing it with this girl.

"Ahem," Embry fake coughed.

I forced my eyes open. "Embry, I haven't slept for like 60 hours and Sam said I could crash for the day," I complained.

"Well Sam now says to get your ass out of bed, another 3 have gone missing in Seattle."

I sat up and now my whole attention was on Embry. We knew there was a bunch of bloodsuckers in Seattle, murdering innocents. I was instantly angry and my body started shaking. I quickly controlled the tremors, the last thing I needed was my old man to be angry at me because I ripped up the couch.

"Oh how I would love to take a tour to Seattle and kill a few of those bastards," I growled.

"Same," Embry agreed.

I knew it killed Sam to not do something about Seattle because our first priority was La Push. We've been running along the borders of La Push more frequently. Just in case those filthy things decided to drop in for a snack. I knew Sam was about to snap and so were the rest of us. If things got any worse we may even need to leave La Push unprotected and kill those leeches. There was always the option of leaving the younger guys behind to protect La Push but the coven in Seattle seemed quite big and we may need everyone.

"So are we on duty?" I inquired.

"Yeah, You, Sam, Quil and me," Embry answered getting up.

Sam was raising the numbers.

"Be there in an hour, Seth Leah and Paul are finishing soon, Leah's been acting strange."

"When isn't  Leah strange?" I laughed.

"Ok, I'm off, got things to do," Embry yelled already out the door.

I got myself off the couch and into the bathroom. After a quick shower I got dressed and went into the kitchen for food. I scrambled six eggs. Eggs were like the only thing I could make, well apart from toast. I began wolfing down the eggs practically inhaling the whole thing.

"Slow down son," my dad chuckled.

"Wolf appetite," I reminded him.

I hadn't yet told him about the imprinting thing. Should I or shouldn't I?

"Dad do you know a girl called Kim Evans?" I asked.

"Yeah, Jules' kid right?  They've had it pretty hard."

"What do you mean?" I nearly shouted.

My dad looked at me strangely, "You didn't know? Jules lost her husband to a drug overdose six years ago, They had even left La Push when Jonathan had died but had returned. Come to think of it I believe today's the sixth year anniversary," My father mused.

I was worried was Kim ok? No wonder she always commented about drugs...I should go see her now, I want to see her now, to make sure she was fine.

But what about her hesitation last night, when I had told her about me imprinting on her? She was freaked out by it, I knew that for a fact, though I still wanted to see her.

"You listening Jared? You should go now," my dad said looking at the clock.

Damn. Pack duty, grrr I needed to see Kim. I knew that I'd see her tomorrow in school but that felt like forever.

****************************

Jared all I'm getting from you is Kim, Kim, Kim, Quil whined.

Well you're always worrying about Clare, Did she eat properly? Did she have a nap? You're like a nanny, I shot back, running the perimeter of La Push for the eighth time. It was true I was still worrying about Kim but I was on running duty for the whole day.

Sorry Jared Sam sympathised.

After finishing, I was tempted to visit Kim but I realised that it was 12:37 am and she would be asleep. I ended up going home and falling into an uneasy slumber.

****************************

I dragged myself out of bed the next morning, if it weren't for the fact that I was going to see Kim, I wouldn't even bother going to school. Mondays sucked. Shower, breakfast, a goodbye and I was off to school. I quickly made my way to Kim's locker which I knew is the place that she would must likely be. I spotted her with a vacant expression, fumbling with her bag. Even from a distance I could make out her eyes which were red and puffy..