Chapter 19

Hiya! I come bearing gifts, OK chapter even. I was thinking last night, I started writing "Imprinted On" like 7+ month ago, and this story started on a Friday and now it's only Tuesday o___0 7 months for 5 days. dafuq? Anyway Vote and comment. Here's the next chapter.

Jared's P.O.V

'I cannot believe we're taking tips from vampires,' Everyone could imagine Leah rolling her eyes as she said that. We were currently in our wolf form, sprinting simultaneously to the awaiting Cullens. I could read everyone's apprehension and even excitement to the task ahead.

'Be calm, we're going to be allies for a short time, observe sharply and no arguments, I'm speaking to you Paul,' commanded Sam.

'Who me?' Paul tried to sound innocent but failed miserably.

I grinned wolfishly at his attempt.Ha Ha, get it wolfishly? Because I'm a wolf? No, what? Fine, never mind then.

'And you say I'm weird,' said Quil, hearing my internal joke. I guess I was hyper and I'll admit, I was slightly nervous at the prospect of this situation ahead.

My paws thudded softly on the wet grass. Damn rain.

'There just up ahead,' informed Jacob. We all tried to ignore the feeling that overcame Jacob when he saw Bella standing with the Cullens. Privacy was limited, when we had our mind link, therefore we tried to maintain some level of respect for each other. When we could feel Leah's hurt, when Quil was stressing about getting in trouble with his mom as she didn't know about him being a werewolf, when Paul was bitter about his abusive father, we all tried to blank it out and give our friends space.

Woah that sounded sensitive, I'm proud, wonder if Kim liked sensitive guys? Focus Jared!

Sam approached the Cullens, I flanked his right, Paul his left. He lifted his head in acknowledgment of the Cullens.

"They wish to remain in their wolf form," said Edward, reading Sam's mind. It was disturbing that the leeches had the power of mind reading, it was a huge asset on their part.

"That's understandable," nodded Carlisle, the leader of the clan. It was absurd, to all of us that they existed, with their glinting honey colored eyes, vegetarian ways, and understanding nature. At the end of the day, however, they were still vampires, no matter how much they tried to suppress the beast inside them.

"My son Jasper here," Carlisle pointed at the curly haired Cullen, who was tall and usually looked like he was in some pain. "He has experience with the newborns, he will demonstrate what it would be like to fight them."

Jasper stepped forward, "Emmet?" He called the brawny Cullen forward, "Want to spar?"

"Yes," Emmet grinned.

The pack retreated into the forest to observe from afar.

"Newborns will be much stronger than us but they are newborns, therefore, they are not very skilled. We have the upper hand, with our preparation and experience," said Jasper softly.

Stronger eh? We'll see.

"Let's start the fight," Emmet urged impatiently. Seth chuckled internally. It was obvious who was going to win. Emmet was much stronger and made Jasper look like a skinny pole.

"On the count of three, 1-2..3."

With blinding speed the fight started. Even with excellent werewolf vision, I was struggling to keep up with the action.

Emmet, went with his strength and raised his fist, Jasper however, favored speed and within 2 seconds had Emmet in a chokehold. Wow. Everyone was stunned with the outcome. And slightly disgruntled by the strength of the vampires.

"Again!" Emmet growled.

The same thing happened.

"Emmet is an accurate representation of how a newborn will act, they are headstrong and will go straight for the kill but we can overpower them, if we are accustomed to their nature and they wouldn't be expecting werewolves, so that's an advantage," said Jasper quietly. I viewed the vampire in a different light now, he would be a deadly foe in himself and all those scars on his face meant business.

Time went fast, soon we were stepping forward to train and fight. We gained some valuable information and as bizarre as it was for us to be cooperating with vampires, it was fun and enlightening. We left our first training session, feeling strange but high on adrenaline.

'That was an eye opener,' said Paul.

'It was amazing, the Cullens are alright, dunno what you guys are on about,' accused Seth.

Oh to be so trusty and innocent.

'I heard that Jared..'

I was feeling troubled, everyone was. The realization of us fighting newborns had sunk in now. All I wanted to do was hold Kim tight even though I was badly friend zoned by her. God, I was beginning to sound like a chick now.

'Pussy,' teased Paul.

His award? A broken nose when we had returned to La Push.

(A/N) I'll have Jared and Kim scenes in the next chapter, this was just important so I had to put it in. Now, if you're a Twilighter, please don't be pissed that I didn't get this scene accurately right,quote for quote. I haven't read 'Eclipse' for a year or something so I'm doing this from memory.

Guys I got my results!

I got 3 A's, 7 B's and a C. I'm happy like, I got a B in honors maths for f's sake, that's the class where I sit there, squinting at the board, thinking "dafuq?" But everyone is saying that's a brilliant result but I just have a higher expectations. I'm happy but not elated. Anyway since I got a solid result I'm gonna update another chapter :*