Chapter 10

As promised here's the next chapter :D awww Jared's so cute! Please vote, comment and follow me ! xx :)

Kim's P.O.V

I heard footsteps coming towards me and I looked up into beautiful, brown familiar eyes. Those eyes were locked onto my eyes scrutinizing my face.

"What's wrong?" No hi, instead a question I really wasn't willing to answer.

"Er hi Jared, nothing's wrong," I said trying to make my voice appear nonchalant.

Jared placed his big warm hand on my cheek, like actually on my cheek! I blushed crimson and sparks flew.

"Seriously Kim," Those concern filled eyes didn't move from my face.

"Honestly Jared, I was watching Titanic on Saturday and you know the drill, my Jack died and I cried," I lied, well technically it wasn't a lie I had watched Titanic and cried but that wasn't the reason my eyes were bloodshot, puffy and sore. I couldn't breathe under his gaze and touch.

"That was two days ago Kim, it looks like you've been crying recently," Jared cocked his head to the side and looked absolutely adorable.

I sighed. The makeup had really done a poor job to disguise the bags under my eyes, I must really look unattractive. "Jared it's just a tough time for me," I finally explained.

********Flashback************

"Daddy I'm back!" I yelled. I dropped my bag to the floor. I couldn't wait to tell daddy that I had gotten student of the week.

Mommy would be at work but daddy would definitely be at home.

He would smile at me proudly when he saw the certificate. I skipped to my parents' room and opened the door. My eyes roamed the room to look for my daddy. My eyes landed on a figure on the floor. Silly daddy, falling asleep on the floor.

I approached him and started shaking him. He didn't wake up, his face was a deathly pale colour and...and he wasn't breathing..

"Daddy!" I squealed.

******End of flashback*********

"I-my dad," my voice broke and the worst thing that could happen in the middle of a school corridor, filled with gossiping and nosy teenagers happened. My eyes filled and I started tearing up.

Suddenly, I was against a hard chest, more warmth and sparks welcomed me, as Jared wrapped his arms around me. It was comforting, I knew if I wasn't consumed with sorrow that I would feel awkward and embarrassed but instead, I leaned in closer.

"Let's go," Jared said softly in my ear.

"Where?" I sniffed.

"Does it matter? Somewhere, anywhere to cheer you up." Jared pulled away, holding my hand and started leading me out of the school. I could feel curious glances from people but I ignored them and followed Jared.

I didn't know where the hell I was going but all that mattered was that Jared was with me.