Chapter 24

Kim's P.O.V

Red, hot searing pain. Torrents of ice. Excruciating. Millions of daggers stabbing down on point. Blistering. Who was I? Who am I? What was I becoming. It hurt, it fucking hurt. Agonizing. Heated pain flowed through my veins. Pain was all I could feel, not one thought. How long had it been? It's been timeless. My subconscious detected a change in the surroundings. Had I moved?  It was torturing!  Aching.

After an hour? A day? A week? I heard a gentle, soothing voice. Why couldn't I open my eyes? Pain plagued my throbbing body. I pleaded with the voice to kill me, I didn't know who it was? It didn't sound familiar. Death was welcome, if this torment would end. Countless hours later, the pain dulled.

Senses started heightening. I could hear voices, I could hear a screeching, ugly sound too. It was me. I tried stopping, I wanted to hear the voices.

"It'll be okay, Jared."

"No, it won't. I don't know who that girl lying on the bed is anymore."

Jared. Jared. Jared. He was here, why can't he stop the pain? Why can't he recognize me anymore? I could think properly again, the pain was lingering but not unbearable. My throat ached the most now, for some kind of relief.

"Um, if the wolves could get out for a minute? I can see when exactly she would wake up," said a high soprano voice. Where they talking about me?

A flat "No," came from Jared. "I'm not leaving."

A sigh.

"Her finger twitched!" Quil.

"OK Jasper, Emmet to the front, she's a newborn now."

A new what?

I found the ability to pry my eyes open. Detail hit me hard. I was looking straight at the wood paneling at the door, each minuscule etching was clear. I realized people were staring at me. There were two men. One large and muscular, other lean and tall. Behind him, a blonde man, with a doctors uniform, then the most important person, Jared. Jaw clenched, face impassive, I could see each line on his face, every pore. He was handsomer than ever. What was wrong with my eyes? There was a petite woman with spikey hair, Sam and Quil too.

A wretched wet dog smell wafted around the room. I was so confused. What was this! I tried thinking of what happened to me last but it was hard to think of the past. Wait, it was difficult to think of anything in the past at all. I couldn't focus, my throat  was on fire, an iron was pressed hard against it.

Someone cleared their throat. My eyes darted to the doctor.

"Kim, this must all be bewildering to you but you have been bitten and now are a vampire," his beautiful honey colored eyes looked sincere, but I was going into shock. I was a what?

It all came crashing back! My heart should be beating really fast but, it wasn't beating at all. I raised my left hand to my chest.

"When you're a vampire, your heart stops beating," said the lean vampire, analyzing my every move. Were they afraid of me or something?

I became aware that only three hearts were beating in this room. So the other three men were the infamous Cullens. My throat flared in pain, when I heard the other's heart beat. But the dog smell put me off. Wait, I was craving blood?

My mom.

"My mom, she was at the forest, my throat it hurts a lot." I cringed, my voice sounded different. Higher, clearer, melody like.

"She needs blood," said the doctor.

I was staring at Jared, his face morphed to anger when he heard my new voice, when the doctor suggested blood, he made a disgusted sound at the back of his throat, dropped eye contact, and left, slamming the door behind him. Quil shot me an apologetic look, and followed Jared.

I had become the enemy. I had become the monster that Jared despised. He hated me now. If my heart wasn't beating, then why did it start shredding to pieces when I realized Jared hated me?

Hey guys! :') another quick update, only 3 days:) Please vote, don't be a silent reader. It honestly encourages me to update quicker. Drop in a comment, I want to know how people feel about the story and if my grammar is improving as the book progresses. I have cinema tomorrow with the gang, and projects over the weekend to do. I'll try updating again in a week but who knows if people want me to update quicker, I'll try :) love you all.