Chapter 2

Red lipstick, eyeliner, blush and a little foundation. I was wearing a beautiful red dress that I had borrowed of Sarah. It reached down to my knees with a black belt, dotted with colourful gems and a modest neck line.

"Well?" I gave Sarah a twirl.

"Beautiful!" she exclaimed. Pfft she'd be one to talk with her electric blue dress just hugging her body and her vibrant red hair, falling in curls behind her.

I had straightened my hair and tied it in a sleek pony tail and I was wearing white heels.

"Ready?" Sarah asked.

"Let's go!"

I took one more glance at the mirror and sighed, I wish I was beautiful, instead staring back at me was a very plain looking girl. I was short too. I forced my eyes away from the mirror and ran after Sarah. We got into her red Ford car and she turned up the heating and blasted the radio.

"Seriously classical?" I arched up an eyebrow.

"You know we should appreciate the beauty of this genre," said Sarah and puts in a My Chemical Romance CD she had burned. We sang all the way until we reached the house that the party was taking place.

"Who's house are we at?" I asked.

Sarah grinned mischeviously "Peter's."

Oh great, this wasn't going to be awkward at all..

We entered the house and teenagers were everywhere, with drinks in their hands, guessing they were soft drinks.. The loud music hit my ears and there was Paul Lahote making out with a girl on the couch. Of course, I rolled my eyes and my stomach twisted, what if Jared was with some other girl too?

My eyes wandered and met his, I quickly looked away, holy crow he saw me look at him! Wait, he was looking at me too? Why? But at least now I knew he wasn't with some girl. Just then my friend Lisa walked towards us looking stunning in her black strapless dress.

"Hey guys, looking well!" she said.

"Speak for yourself, if I was a dude I'd be drooling," I smirked.

Hands snaked up behind her and her boyfriend Oisin pulled her in an embrace "Sorry Kim, she's mine."

Lisa blushed a beetroot red. Aww too adorable, why can't I have love like that?

People started dancing "Wanna dance?"

I turned around to Peter, I couldn't decline or else it would've been awkward. We kind of swayed to the music and I heard a growl. I looked around but couldn't put a face to the sound. Instead my eyes flickered back to Jared, damn. Why did he have to look so hot? He was wearing jeans and a plain black pullover that hugged his muscles. Ugh stop that Kim. I shook my head and went back to looking at Peter.

"So, I guess your boyfriend wasn't too happy when I asked you out ehh?" Peter smiled.

I think I died. "No, Jared's not my boyfriend!"

"Oh."

More awkward silences.

"I'm gonna go find Sarah," I mumbled and made my escape. God, could that have been more embarrassing?

I ran straight into my other bestie Miles.

He wolf whistled at me.

"Not looking too shabby yourself," I grinned.

"Neither are your boyfriends," He looked first at Peter then at Jared.

"Shut up Miles!" Miles was gay but he wasn't out of the closet yet, well not to his parents and the school, he only told Sarah, Lisa and I.

I spent the rest of my time with Miles rating how all, the boys looked, it was awesome to have a gay best friend. I don't know where Sarah went.

"I give Black a 9 and a half," I rated looking at Jacob Black.

"I'd give him a million, are you mad?" Miles scoffed.

Suddenly Jared was walking towards us, was I that aware of him? I look up to him, he was looking intensely at me. I think I melted.

"Mind if I borrow her?" he asked Miles.

Miles widened his eyes and threw me a knowing glance then he ran away. Like literally he ran away. Sure leave me in the lion's den to make a fool of myself.

I turned around dreading the moment I''d have to talk to Jared.

"Wanna go for a walk?" he asked.