Chapter 4

I heard steady foot falls behind me and I quickened my pace. Peter's house came into view and loomed before me. I was seriously going into shock. JARED'S A BLOODY WEREWOLF.  My heart was pounding so hard, is it possible to get a heart attack at 16?

"Kim! Sorry I guess that was a bit full on, let me explain," Jared whined behind me. Wow, he caught up fast.

He was now walking beside me and all I could do was stare incredulously at the guy.

"Jared, what the hell? You're a  werewolf!" I stated blinking at him stupidly.

"Yes, yes I am but Kim I don't hurt  people, I swear." Fuck you and your soothing voice Jared.

And it hit me he was a werewolf, super naturals existed!

"That's pretty weird but awesome too I suppose," I smiled hesitantly.

He grinned in response, "You ran away though."

"Yes we've established the fact that I'm a coward, but dude what did you expect me to do pet you?"

"Did you just call me dude?"

"Sorry should've called you chick then."

Jared started laughing as we entered the house again. Warmth, the smell of alcohol and a blast of music welcomed us.

"Why did you tell me Jared?" I asked facing him.

His expression became clouded and he took a breath, "Beacause I-"

"There you are!" Miles shouted with a drunken Sarah in his arms. 

Crap. She was my ride.

"Sorry Jared gotta run," I said hastily rushing to them.

I helped Miles with Sarah and with one last glance at Jared who was still looking at me I left.

We carried, dragged Sarah to her car and I sat in the driver's seat.

"I'll tail you guys and you can drop her and her car to her house and I'll give you a lift back," said Miles.

"Thanks Miles," I said gratefully, flashing him a smile and starting up the car. Miles shut the car door and walked over to his car.

Throughout the whole drive to Sarah's house my mind was on Jared. I was thrilled and flattered that he had confided in me but why? Never mind that but the fact that he was a werewolf was mind boogling man, it was some serious shit. Does this mean Sam, Paul, Jacob and the rest were werewolves too. Oh god this was just too much.

After an awkward chat with Sarah's parents about how she got drunk, I climbed into Miles car and he drove me home.

"So what did Jared say?" Miles asked trying to get the information out of me.

Oh no, what do I tell him.

The drug excuse pops into my head and I tell him about Jared telling me about 'addiction problems.'

What don't facepalm! I couldn't think of anything else!

"Thanks for the lift, see you on Monday," I waved goodbye to Miles and let myself into my house.

"Kimberly, how was the party?" My mother asked popping out of the sitting room.

"Great," I smiled, Jared admitted he was a werewolf mommy please tell me what to do I'm bloody confused. I pushed thoughts of Jared to the side and started telling my mom about Sarah getting drunk. I told my mom everything, we were very close especially since we braved through my dad's death together. My mom chuckled at the story and we ate a late night dinner together.

After that I trudged up the stairs and feeling exhausted, I fell asleep straight away.

"Kimberly! You're friend's here, I'm sending him upstairs," My mom shouted.

Ugh. Why would you wake me up on a day off?

Pissed off I rolled over in my bed and started falling back asleep. I heard a knock on my bedroom door and someone entered.

"Miles go away you're seriously waking me up on a Saturday morning," I groaned.

"It's 2pm, I don't think this is considered morning," A deep voice said softly. 

WAIT, NO THAT WAS NOT MILES' VOICE. I knew that voice even with my eyes closed. I bolted upright and there was Jared, standing awkwardly in my room. 

What the hell ?