Chapter 20 (1 Harry Potter spoiler, read at own risk).

Here's the next chapter ~

it's like the quiet before the storm, the last scene though!

Kim's P.O.V

The next 2 weeks passed in a spur, school was nearly over and two of the strangest things had happened. One. I got closer to Jared and two, I got closer to Leah. Never had I ever expected it to be possible, in all my dreams.

My life had taken a positive turn. My mother had finally recovered and there were obvious signs that she was seeing someone recently. After six whole years, she had finally decided to date again. Now we're both like teenage girls, sitting at the table, eating with a huge smile lighting our features as we think about Jared and her mystery man.

Jared seemed to be glued to my side. He even sat in my room whilst I had a Harry Potter marathon, even though he had initially thought that it was for nerds.

***********9days ago**************

"Kim, answer the door!" My mom shouted, from her room. Groaning, I shut my laptop, I'm gonna kill this person for interrupting me watching An American Horror Story. How dare they cut my time short with Tate?

I trudged downstairs. A tall shadow was visible, through the blurred glass on the door. I opened the door and nearly shut it again. There was Jared looking effortlessly handsome, with a smile on his face.

"Hi, Kim."

"Jared.. what are you doing here?"

"Can't I visit you?" Jared attempted a pout, which made him look like a fish.

I suppressed a smile, "You can't seem to be getting enough of my presence." I had become much more comfortable around Jared, maybe it was because we spoke more and his friends merged their table with ours at lunch.

"Ah yes, I think it's your charming personality," said Jared sarcastically, and stepped into my house. "Wanna go out?"

" Sorry can't," I replied.

"Why not?" Asked Jared, making himself at home by walking into my sitting room, I followed him. It seemed as though our roles were reversed. Jared crashed down on my sofa and I followed suite after deliberating for a second whether to sit beside him on the couch, or not. Being the coward that I was, I sat down on the chair.

"Today is my monthly Harry Potter marathon," I said proudly.

"Hold up," Incredulity was etched on Jared's features, "You're missing the chance to spend time with yours truly over here for Harry friggin Potter?"

"Don't diss the series, they're a legacy! Have you even watched Harry Potter or better read the books?" I questioned.

"Yeah me reading, that's laughable and of course I've watched the movie, just not all of them," Jared answered defensively.

I nearly face palmed. "You my friend are going to embrace your inner nerd today, you're watching this marathon with me," with that I dashed to the kitchen, leaving a bewildered looking Jared behind.

I needed supplies. Ohh cookies, I put some popcorn in the microwave and grabbed drinks. Jared was in the exact same position when I returned.

"Did I hear you evil laughing in the kitchen?"