Chapter 14

As soon as I touched his shoulder he stopped shaking but Jared still had his jaw clenched and was breathing deeply.

"Jared.. you're scaring me."

Jared finally faced me, "That. Was. A. Vampire." That one statement sent shivers down my spine. Jared's eyes were livid and I thought he was ready to murder someone.

"What did he want?" I squealed.

"It was probably looking for it's next prey, come on we're leaving."

He left no room for argument and he was scaring me with his anger. I struggled to keep up with his pace as he stomped around looking for the others.

"Look Jared, I'll call them," I said meekly. Jared nodded curtly.

I quickly dialed Sarah's number.

"Hello?"

"Where are ya Kim?"

"Where am I where are you?"

"Mac Donald's"

"Mac Donald's!" I shrieked. I thought that they would still be in this shop. I felt the phone being taken from me.

"Kim and I are leaving, give Miles a call he's probably looking for us." Without waiting for a reply, Jared disconnected the call.

"Jared.."

He took my hand and started heading for Quil's jeep.

"How are the others gonna get back?" I asked.

"I need you to be away from here. I will drop you home I'll ask one of the guys to pick up the others," Jared answered, inhaling sharply.

Ten minutes. Ten minutes of pure, tensed silence as Jared calmed down. I was staring at his hand gripping the steering wheel tightly.

He suddenly stopped the car and took out his phone.

"Hey Leah would you be able to pop into Seattle and pick up Quil, Seth and a few others? I know its a huge favor but you're the only one not on running duty so- wait you will? Ok then.. bye," Jared ended the call and frowned at his phone. "Leah isn't usually that nice," he muttered.

I stayed silent, Jared turned to me due to the lack of response.

"Kim are you mad?" He asked.

"You kind of just dragged me out, without giving my friends a proper explanation," I pouted.