Chapter 19

I looked at Christian slightly weary, I wasn't up for surprises right now. He seemed a tiny bit nervous- not a good sign. He never got nervous. Well, only when he worried about my reactions to stuff...

    "What?" I asked him.

     His face remained expressionless as he looked at me and he stared before beginning to say something at all. It got me even more worked up. I was ready to say something else when he finally spoke up.

   "I have to claim you in front of the pack by next week and I already mindlinked the Elders' and when my brother finds out he might try attacking you. So..."

    "So...?" I asked not feeling the least bit concerned that his brother anted to attack me. I could handle myself.

    "So, you're going to need protection." he stated softly, but my Wolf hearing allowed me to catch onto what he was saying.

   "Protection? For what?"

   He looked me straight in the eyes, seeming more empowered like his usual, cocky Alpha self. "That way my brother won't hurt you."

   I stared at him and opened my mouth to protest but he cut me off before I even began. "It's not up for discussion."

   "So, you're doing this again? You're making desicions for me- not caring about what I want or what I have to say?!" I was getting workef up. Maybe, it was my messed up dream or maybe I was just plain mad at my mate for doing that again. Acting as if how I felt was not part of whatever picture he painted for himself and made me a part of.

    He stood up and made his way toward me wrapping his arms around my waist and trapping me there before I had a chance to pull away. And not letting me do so when I tried.

   He buried his head into the crook of my neck and kissed the skin there lightly making the skin burn with fire at his touch and sending shivers down my spine.

   Slowly, he pulled away and stared fiercly into my eyes. "Em, I'm doing this for you. To protect you. Please, don't fight me on this one."

    I looked into those grey orbs and felt myself melting slowly under his passionate stare. Making me feel...hot. All over my body. I struggled to focus on forming the words and let out a shaky breath before I responded.

   "Fine." I whispered and pulled myself away from him to catch my breath.

     He smiled slightly and turned to go back to his breakfast but halted at my next words. "But... I want Adam and Lucas."

      He froze and slowly turned to look at me. "You what?"

     "I want Adam and Lucas." I repeated slowly not understanding his reaction.

     "You - You want them... You want them?!"

      My eyes widened as I realised what he was insinuating. "No! Ohmigosh-that's - n-not what I meant. I want them as in...' I want them to be my guards or 'Protection' or whatever. They're cool."

    He relaxed from his rigid posture but still seemed troubled. "No." he stated plainly, "I will asign who I wish to asign to you."

     "What's wrong with Luke and Adam?"

    "Nothing," his voice rose no more than a few decibels. But, I caught on to it. "I just don't want them spending any unnecessary time with you. Wait- how do you even know those two?"

   I ignored his question and countered with one of my own. "Why can't they be my Protection?"

   "Because, I don't want them to be." he stated simply as if that was meant to be the end of the conversation. Made obvious by the air of finality in his voice. I didn't think so.