Chapter 4

Okay, bear with me in this chapter- it's a bit emotional  but it gives me a chance to show Christian's sweet side. Hope you like it

I got out of the car angrily, and made that clear when I slammed the door. He was waiting for me by the front door, a huge smile on his face. I looked at him. “Do you think that forcing people to do what you want is funny?” I asked.

  He rolled his eyes and opened the door for me. I took two steps, before I paused- Christian bumped into me and I almost fell. “Please, don’t make me go in. I’ll do anything else but don’t make me meet your parents, Christian.” I begged him.

   He looked at me and I could tell he was about to say no, so I started to cry. I dropped to the floor, right there and broke down. “Please, don’t cry Em. It’s going to be okay.” He said soothingly and he knelt next to me.

    I shook my head. “No it’s not. What if they hate me? What if they don’t like me? All my life, people have hated me, I can’t do this again.” I wept.

   He sighed and scooped me up. “Shhh… Okay, okay. You do not have to meet them tonight, all right? I’ll take you upstairs and you can meet them tomorrow, instead.”

   I nodded. He had my legs around his waist, with my head on his shoulders. He took my knapsack and was about to carry me upstairs when a lady called to him, just as he was about to take the first step.

    “Crap.” He whispered.

    “Take me upstairs.” I begged, feeling suddenly panicky. But, the voice called again.

    “Christian? Is that you?”

    He followed the voice and went into the living room where a couple was sitting there patiently. The man looked just like Christian, except he was slightly shorter and so was his hair which was silvery; I was guessing that was his dad. So, obviously the lady was his mom. She looked nothing like him. Her hair was reddish-brown and her eyes were brown instead of grey. She was also quite short like me. We were probably around the same height.

    I whimpered and Christian kissed my forehead. “It’s okay.” He mumbled.

    “Mom, dad. Hi.” He said formally.

    “Oh, is this her? Is this your mate?” the woman asked excitedly.

    “Yeah. This is Emily.” He answered slowly.

  I could not bear to look at them, so I buried my head further into Christian’s neck.

     “Well, put her down, son. Let me get a look at my new daughter-in-law.” Mr. Perez demanded.

      No, Christian. Please, no. I begged him, through our mind link. Tell them that I’m sick.

    “Actually, dad_” he began; however, his mother interrupted.

    “Christian, are you sure this is your mate? She smells… wrong.” His mother stated slowly.

    My head snapped up. That was the same thing Christian had said to me earlier on. That I ‘smelled wrong’. “I am so sorry, ma’am. I didn’t mean to let the family line fall through the cracks… I am so sorry…”

    I didn’t get to finish apologizing, because Christian waltzed me upstairs and left me in a huge bedroom. “Stay here.” He commanded. With that, he went back downstairs.

    I heard arguing, but I did not dare leave the room. “Who cares what her dad is?” I heard Christian yell angrily. “What about my grandkids?” his mom retorted just as pissed off.

    It went on like that for a while, mostly Christian and Mrs. Perez arguing. Finally, they stopped and I heard a door slam shut. Christian’s footsteps angrily marched upstairs and I lay down in the bed pretending to be asleep. I could not bear to look at him after I had caused him to get into a fight with his parents. He was probably pissed at me and was coming upstairs right now to tell me how worthless I was and that I should probably get out of his house before he killed me.

    He came into the room quietly and knelt beside my bed. “Are you alright?” he asked softly.

    I turned to face him, tears running down my cheeks, silently. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to cause a fight with you and your mom… please don’t kick me out.” I begged softly.

    He sat on the bed and pulled me onto his lap gently. “Stop that. Stop blaming yourself for things you have no control of. You had no control, whatsoever, over your dad’s position. So, stop blaming yourself for every little thing. I hate it.” He dried my tears as he spoke, but it was useless since more kept coming.

    “I’m sorry.” I said.

     He growled softly. “Stop saying that you’re sorry. I hate that you think all of the world’s problems are your fault. I hate that you’ve been crying since I first met you. And I feel like beating myself up, since I am the reason you cried all day. And I wish I could get my hands on your father and beat the crap out of him for hurting you so bad that you can’t trust anyone and you think everyone is out to hurt you. Sometimes in life we have no control over what happens, and today you had no control over what went on with my mother and me. Besides, she doesn’t hate you.” he slurred the words together and he sounded pissed off.

     “Yes, she does,” I objected, “I heard you two down there. She was complaining about her future grandkids. I’ve ruined a woman’s impending happiness.”

     Christian abruptly stood up and turned me to face him. “Why? Why do you think that everyone’s problems are your fault instead of their own?”

     I stared at the floor but looked up at him briefly, when I said, “My father always said that if you put me in a situation and someone got upset then I had ruined another person’s life the way I had ruined his.”

    Christian gasped. “Your dad… was a huge asshole. He did not appreciate that you were probably the best thing to ever happen to him. And, I want you to know that whenever you’re in a situation no one’s life is ruined. What actually happens is that another Angel, just like you, smiles. And I am so happy that my mate can make Angels smile.”

     I stopped crying after he said that and I threw myself onto him and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back and pressed kisses onto my head. “I love you.” he said. It shocked me at first but then I realised I felt exactly the same way. Even though I had only known him for less than a day. The fact was, he was my mate and I felt an unexplainable connection to him; one that made me feel happy and loved.

  “I love you, too” I said happily, “I love you so much.”

   He smiled happily and kissed the side of my face eagerly; his hands firmly placed on my butt. He nibbled my lower lip hungrily and I giggled. He smiled again and kissed me passionately, I kissed him back- loving the feel of his mouth on mine. We moved in sync, not breathing; as if all that was left in the world was each other.   

    We moved onto the bed and I positioned myself on top of him; he took off my sweatshirt. I felt uncomfortable at first being only in a simple lace bra. Apparently, he didn’t seem to mind since he moaned softly and he licked his lips, as if trying to regain control. “Do you want me to Mark you?” he asked as he kissed my stomach.

    I paused. “Yes.” I whispered. He sat up with me in his lap and gently kissed a spot on my neck. Then I felt his teeth sink in. It was probably supposed to hurt but after all that I had been through, a bite was probably the most painless thing I had ever felt.

    He pulled away and glanced at me, a hungry look in his eye. Something about that turned me on so much that I attacked him and held him down on the bed. I wasn’t sure what to do exactly, but I let my Wolf take control. Christian didn’t seem to mind, because he let me take the lead. He seemed to like it- a lot.

     After being on the run for three weeks, making out with my mate was the most entertaining thing I had done.  I could stay like that with him forever. I had the guy I loved and who loved me back; I never felt happier.