Chapter 8

Sorry that I took so long to upload people. I had some writer's block... but I hope you like this also thanks to everyone who read commented and voted!    

I woke up the next morning- way before dawn so I was pretty surprised that Christian wasn’t in bed. I knew he was an early riser but- before dawn? I thought he had gone to the kitchen for a glass of water or something but when I heard voices-angry voices- I realised I was wrong.

   I put a robe over the black lingerie set and some slippers as I made my way down the staircase. I followed the voices to the living room. Christian was there, arguing with some red-head. I stood there looking at them, they hadn’t noticed me.

   The girl was wearing some super short pants- that should’ve been illegal- and a black and white tank top. She was glaring at Christian and yelling a lot. 

    “Leave, Angelica- now!” he yelled.

     “I am not leaving, Christian! I am a rightful member of this pack and you have no right to make me go anywhere!” she argued.

     “You were a member of this pack. You left, a long time ago and you are not welcome here!”

     “You don’t love me anymore?” she asked walking up to him and putting her arms around his neck. I really could not watch some stranger flirt with my mate. Neither could my Wolf- she wanted to rip the girl’s throat out. 

   I cleared my throat just as Christian pushed her away. “Hi.” I said.

   “Em, hi. I’m sorry to wake you- I had to deal with something.” Christian explained- disgust coating his voice.

   “Is she the reason you don’t love me anymore? Is she your new plaything?” the girl- Angelica- asked stepping closer to me.

   I looked at her. Plaything, I thought, seriously. “Angelica, leave, now. You are not welcome here anymore.” Christian looked really pissed off.

    “I am not leaving!” she yelled, turning to look at him. I took the opportunity to inspect Angelica. She was short- shorter than me even- making her anywhere from five feet tall to five feet three inches. Her hair was a feisty red, it totally matched her personality. She had nice eyes though- a pretty hazel. I looked at her and she looked pretty when I first came in the room but now she looked… fake.

    Fake, like Barbie doll fake. Her face was caked in make-up which was way too much for this time of day. Her lip was apparently fixed in a permanent pout and she had frown lines. But, underneath it all she was probably not bad-looking. Although the way she looked at me made me realise that she thought she was better than me.

   “Yes you are. Right now—” I cut Christian off.

   “How do you to know each other?” I asked. The question was directed at Christian but she answered- probably because she wanted to share the information with me really badly.

   “We dated. We were in love- but then he found out I was pregnant and dumped me.” She said a huge smile on her fake plastic face.

    Room goes blank, incapable of hearing or seeing anything, pulse quickens. This all equals to a totally freaked out mate.

   Whoa. I did not expect to hear that, though. I guessed they dated, but she was the mother of his child?! My jaw dropped and I felt empty inside and I could not control my breathing. “Christian, is that true? Is she the mother of your... child?” I choked on the last word. 

   “No, she is not. Yes, we did date a while back, but she is not the mother of my child. We only slept together once.” He said looking like he could slap Angelica for telling me that.