Chapter 11

I took a little while before I went inside with Preston- I kinda wanted Maia to beat up her brother when I wasn't there, although it would have been cool to watch. But still, my Wolf sort of wanted to pounce on Maia for even suggesting that.

            So, I took my time in getting there. Which I found out was pointless because she had not laid a hand on her brother (yet)... She was just shouting, but not at him- at Angelica.

          "You! You're the reason my baby left in the dead of the night to beat up my best friend?! I swear if I'd know he was coming here to "talk" to Christian for you I would have tied him to the bed!" 

            "Um, morning breath..." Angelica fanned her hands in front of her face at Maia s though she smelled something rancid.

         So, as we all know my sister-in-law is a fiesty, violent, smart-ass. That's why she slapped Angelica, way harder than I had. And I grimaced a bit. Not out of sympathy but it kinda sucked having to get bitch-slapped twice in one day.

      "You did not just do that. Preston! Do something!" she was yelling at her brother who just stood to the side, arms raised in surrender. 

      "I can't help you A. I mean, you obviously knew Emily was Christian's mate and you acted like something really terrible had happened when it was really your fault. And I honestly cannot choose between my mate and my sister right now."

      "Step-sister." Maia put in.

      "Step-sister?"

      "My dad remarried and his wife had a daughter before."

      Christian sighed. "What does this have to do with anything? I told you to get your a** out my house. My mate told you to get yours out and you said that you were never speaking to me again." 

     He pointed a finger at Preston, Angelica and Maia in turn as he said those words and to be honest he did look sort of frustrated.

    "Shut up Christian." Maia said. She sounded even more worked up than her brother and I think she was building up her energy to just explode on him.

      Mate or no mate. He was out of line and if I were in Maia's positon; sorry to say but Preston would be long dead.

     "Maia... I am so not in the mood to deal with this. My mate and I just want to go back to bed so I sugesst--"

    I cut Chris off. "No way. I'm on Maia's side. You need to shut the hell up and apologise to Preston before she makes you."

      My Wolf argued at that and for a moment I was torn between right and my mate. But after taking one look at the Preston-hole in the wall... I made up my mind. Right would always be right and nothing in the world- no feeling, no amount of love- could change that. No matter how badly my Wolf wanted it to.

      "You prefer to take her side over mine?" Christian asked with a pained note in his voice. "Don't you remember like five minutes ago Preston practically insulted you?"

        I had no answer for that; it hurt me to see him so broken and hurt. He was always so strong, determined... so powerful.

     "Just apologise." It was nothing more than a whisper and it was so quiet I doubted he had heard me say it.

     At that point, it felt like we were the only ones in the room. Nobody else mattered and I guess they all got the hint because from my peripheral vision I saw each one of them silently slip out leaving me alone with my mate.

      "Do you even care that I stood up for you? Did even occur that I did that," he gestured to the hole in the wall, "for you. Out of my undying love... for you?!"

       "That's not what I meant--" he cut me off.

       "Don't even bother. I am not about to apologise... I'm not going to apologise for loving you."

        With those words, he stormed out of the house- through the front door- and left me alone. I didn't stay standing for long; instead, I went upstairs to our bedroom and I decided to sleep. Surely when I got up he would be there.

     Right...? 

      _____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hope you guys liked this chapter... and I am terribly sorry my chapters are so short, when I do them on word they are much longer. I'll try for longer ones though....

P.S: Thanks to everyone for all the support- your reads, votes and comments!!! xoxo

P.P.S: That AWESOME pic of Chris Hemsworth (on the side) is TO DIE FOR!!!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>