Chapter 12

I made you guys wait long enough so... here is chapter tweleve!!!

 ____________________________________________________________________________

 Christian did not come home that day, I had breakfast by myself, I had lunch by myself, it was dark out when I got really worried. I was about to pick up the phone and call Maia or Preston to see if they knew where he could be. When the front door suddenly burst open and he came in covered in mud. He walked across the clean white floor and it trailed along with him. He didn't even look my way; but simply trailed on up the stairs as though his behaviour was completely normal and not in the slightest rude or disrespectful.

        Wrong.

        "Hey," I called to him as he marched up the stairs, "hey!"

       But he completely ignored me. Okay, then. I get that he was mad... pissed off, frustrated but really- acting like a four year old? That was messed up. I followed him up the stairs and he went into our room, but by the time I got there; he had already slammed the door. And no matter how many times I called to him, or banged on the door, he refused to answer me or open the door.

     My hands were hurting like hell by the time I had given up. I sighed and turned to walk away when I heard the door open. I spun around and saw him- in new clothes, hair just a bit damp from a recent shower wearing a plain black tee shirt and cargos. God, how could something so simple look so elegant and fascinating on this wonderful, wonderful man? 

        But, I shoved all thoughts of Christian's sexiness aside and grabbed his arm as he tried to brush past me on his way downstairs.

     "What?" he snapped.

     I sighed, not even attempting to yell at him for his tone of voice because, this time I was in the wrong and I was the one who had to make things right, not him. 

      "I said, 'hey'. Don't I at least get a 'hey' back?" I put on a smile and tried to lighten the mood a little  as if he would simply say 'hey' and we would get back to the way things were before I hurt him and he walked off- which hurt me; before we hurt each other. I wish it was that easy. But, it wasn't.

      He looked at me, a bit of amusement, flashing across his face but it was gone so quickly that I wasn't even sure that it was there. Instead, his voice was filled with anger and the stare that he fixed on me was cold and angry... heartless.

    "No, you don't get a 'hey'. Do you realise that I punched my best friend through a wall, my Beta, the guy who's like a brother to me, who I grew up with and who knows me inside and out; the guy who is my sister's mate, who makes her happier than anything wlse in the world, through a wall for you. I did that for you. I disrespected my best friend and broke pack rules because I wanted to prove that nobody in this entire world could treat you like sh*t and get away with it. That nobody could take advantage of you the way your dad did; that if anyone disrespected you I'd break them in half for you! Do you get the fact that I would hurt... die... kill for you and you don't even care! And you weren't even the least bit greatful or touched by what I did, you didn't care enough to stand by my side, for something so simple, when I would stand by you for ten times more! Did it even occur to you that I love you so much that nothing, absolutely nothing can drive me away? Except for you... because I get it- I screwed up when we met and I'm so sorry; but the only thing in this entire world that can  really ever push me away from you-, drive me away, shut me out, make feel like I am not good enough, that absolutely no matter how hard I try, you'll never see me the way I see you and you will never love me enough- is you. The only person who can shut me down, tear me apart and send me mad is you."