Chapter 17

"Tell me he can't do this?!" Christian demanded slamming his hand onto the desk causing it to shake and knocking several objects onto the floor.

       I flinched as he did so and tried to listen to what the person on the other end was saying but it sounded all muffled so I had to wait for him to end his conversation.

      It had been a week since the whole Christiano thing, when his brother had left and we had both figured it was the end of it. But the elder Perez had made a re-appearance yesterday, this time going directly to the Elders' and making his 'suggestions'. That had totally thrown Christian over the edge and he'd been pissed ever since. Now, he was apparently in contact with someone trying to decide if what his brother was trying to pull was even legit. And by the way his face was flaming, I think it was.

   "Okay, okay. Fine. Thanks Dad." he hung up the phone and slammed his head onto the desk, causing me to flinch.

   "What?" I asked after he was silent for so long.

   He looked at me quietly for a moment. "I have to claim you, in front of the pack. It's the only way to ensure he doesn't take the position if I already have a Luna at my side. So, the next pack meeting is Friday...Oh, I should call the Elders for the Ceremony--" he turned to pick up the phone but I snatched it from him and slammed it down.

   He looked at me in bewilderment. ''No." I stated with conviction.

   It seemed he had lost his voice but he resumed speaking again. "What do you mean 'No'?"

   "I mean, that I am not ready to meet your pack much less take on a truck load of responsibility and become Luna!"

   He narrowed his eyes at me and stood up from his desk probably in an attempt to be threatening but I crossed my arms and stared back at him.

   "Emily, this is my position in my pack. I've worked hard for this; it has undoubtedly been the best year of my life. I am not about to let my brother just take that away from me."

    "You don't have to be Alpha, Christian." I retorted.

      "Yes, I do! Do you know what kind of person my brother is, huh? Huh? No, you don't. But I do and I know the havoc Christiano could reap upon this pack and I am not about to let that happen. I am not giving him a chance to mess up everything that I worked so hard for!"

     "I'm not doing it, Christian. I am totally not ready for that kind of responsibility, I don't know the first thing about running a pack!"

      He came over to me and put his arms around my waist. "Baby, you'll make an amazing Luna. And, I'll be there to help you out."

     I shook my head, being stubborn and stepped away from him folding my arms defiantly. "I'm not ready."

     "Emily--" I cut him off. 

     "No. And who cares if you're the Alpha or not? I'd love you either way."

      "Emily," he used his Alpha voice on me- power and authority lacing every word, "You have to meet the pack. Our pack in order for me to remain Alpha and for you to become Luna. This is not up for discussion!"

      I looked at him blankly. I was not sure if I was meant to be scared or bow my head or cower in fear but hell no, I wasn't. I realised that when he used that tone of voice on anyone else they felt obliged to obey... something inside them had to. I don't why it didn't work on me; but it didn't. It just came off as bullying since I didn't feel the need to listen to him.

    "Christian, mate or no mate you are not the boss of me. And this is up for discussion, it's my life, my future that you want to screw with and if you think that just because you're the Alpha and you order me to listen to you that I will. You must be really f---ed up because I am my own Boss."

     He looked at me in shock, his eyes practically bulging out of its' sockets; he was rendered speechless. Even I had to gasp. My voice was so strong, determined, powerful... it was like I was an Alpha or something. I sounded just like Christian when he spoke to me and he definitely noticed it too.

    His mouth open and shut like a fish but no sound came out but he managed to compose himself-- finally.

    "Mate or no mate, don't you ever speak to me like that again."

    I raised an eyebrow ready to retort but he stopped me. "I don't if you being an ex-Rogue is affecting your mental status but I want you to know that I am not about to give up my title as Alpha just because you're being stubborn and selfish."

     "I'm being selfish? Really? Really? You want me to go through hell with your pack just so you can boss people around and be in control. You're willing to push me out of my comfort zone just so you can say you are Alpha and have people tend to your every need. I am not about to do something I don't want to do. Not again. Not. Any. More."

   "How is meeting my pack putting you through hell?" He sighed, "I'm not giving up my position Em."

   "Well, you might have to give up me. Because "Power corrupts and Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely." And I am not about to bow down to a power-hungry jacka*s."

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I feel terrible for not uploading in forever! But I did and I have  alot of stuff going on so that should count for something :)

I meant for it to be longer but it seemed right to end it there and I wanted to give you guys an upload! And, since school starts week after next I will have less time to upload than ever... unless I just fail some classes (I wouldn't mind missing Physics) ;)

That whole "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" is what my teacher told us about animal farm. Used that in an essay and got an A plus :) Loved  the book. Did you guys do that in English? Tell me what you thought of it.

Anyhow...

My aim for this chapter is:

10 votes...

5 comments...

And maybe, possibly... one new fan?!?!

I don't have much to say so...

                                                                                                          XOXO <3