Chapter 26

Christian seemed to growl endlessly and I was rolling my eyes the longer he continued. I motioned for him to be quiet, eliciting a surprising and slightly unnerving chuckle from his mother. I eyed her suspiciously before turning my eyes to Maia. My heart was tinged with sadness but moreover joy as I had not seen her for far too long.

As I stepped forward to embrace Maia who prepared to reciprocate my actions, I felt Christian tug on my arm just as his former best friend placed a hand in front of Maia to bar us from each other. We both pulled away and stepped toward each other, I smelled her dramatically and confirmed that she was gun-free. I giggled, the boys sneered and Maia winced but I hugged her all the same. She sighed in relief and sobbed brokenly, muttering too many apologies.

"It's fine. No more apologies needed. I would have probably done the same thing if I thought my love was in danger." I said.

"Probably?" Christian queried, feigning hurt at my response.

"Yes... but I was foolish to fall for an anonymous letter and doctored photos."

"Yes, very." her brother said, admonishing her with a cold gaze.

I felt her flinch where I still held her arm and told him through our link how much I knew he missed his sister. I plagued him with memories of the two of them as well as he and 'beta'.

"Should we go inside?" his mother asked, interrupting my guilt trip.

"Yes," I said with a smile, suddenly struck with an idea. As P and Maia went in with Christian and I close behind, I locked the door, barring the matriarch from entering. I smiled, slyly and quickly made my way around the house, barring the other entrances. She was not amused, less so when I closed the curtains on her, midway through her pleas.

"Okay," I began "here's what needs to happen. Christian needs to forgive his sister and his best friend. P also needs to forgive Christian. He also needs to finally ask how I'm doing and then we all hug and embrace, to begin the healing." I ended giddily, met with reluctant and annoyed glances.

"We'll be here all day if I don't get my way especially as it's best for all of us. We have much to discuss and I am incredibly patient." That got a soft laugh from each of the former friends.

"Christian, is there something you'd like to say?" I prompted while flooding his mind with memories of us all, a second time.

He rolled his eyes at me and pinched my bottom, making me squeal

"Yes, there is," he stated, looking at the couple. "You tried to kill my girl and did so without a solid reason."

"I know and I've apologized. I -- I just got the letter and it looked so real," she said, sadly, "it won't ever happen again, especially as you hate us and we're no longer welcome here."

"I don't hate you. I just, don't trust you. But, I love you all the same." he said somberly.

"Forgive her," I whispered, taunting him with naughty images of me.

He grabbed his sister suddenly and stared into her eyes for a long moment. Satisfied with whatever he saw, he pulled her into his arms and squeezed her tightly, trying to cease her crying. I thought my lingerie did the trick but it was the genuine love for Maia as well as having missed her in the time she'd been exiled. After a while, his gaze moved onto P. He pulled away from his sister and made his way over to P, who stood up sharply, prepared for a fight. He extended a hand which P accepted, cautiously but grateful all the same. They did an awkward friend hug and I was let down when nothing more than a knowing look was exchanged.

"Men," Maia said shaking her head and I nodded in agreement with a laugh.

"See, that's better," I said, "I know this doesn't fix everything but it's much better."

"Yes, good for you."

I jumped at the sound of Mrs. voice and rolled my eyes.

"Your cunningness is no match for my strength," she said before tossing the handle of a door onto a nearby table.

"Mother," Christian said.

"My boy. I am glad to see you have all made up but there is one more matter that needs to be addressed. The matter of these two re-joining the pack."

"That's not necessary," Parker said, "we've come to terms with our punishment and are prepared to leave."

"Nonsense," I said, "you two were victims of an unfortunate plot against us but we all deserve a second chance."

I turned to look at Christian, pointedly.

"They were foolish," his mother interjected.

"Agreed. One more than the other," her son agreed, "but, I can't say I still blame them one hundred percent. That's the problem with Alphas and Betas, we don't always think before we act and I can say that I'd more than likely have done the same for Emily."

"More than likely?" I teased, eliciting a giggle from my mate.

"Step forward," he motioned to the couple. "What kind of leader would I be if I let two of my own out into the world to be Rogues and at the mercy of Rogues, themselves?"

"A smart one who deals with those who betrayed the pack." Parker, offered.

"Maybe, but I'd also be merciless and unhappy to see you go. I made my decision with anger and let my emotions control me. This time, I'm making my decision with a clear head. Besides, Maia is a true member by blood. And this is the second and last chance " he said, taking both of their hands and placing them on his chest.

He anointed them, members of our pack, once more and stepped to my side once it was over.

Wow, I thought, letting him into my mind, that was amazing. Thank you for your kindness.

He smiled and pulled me into him even further.

His mother beamed at her son and embraced her daughter once more. "Some of your fellow wolves will not be happy to hear about this."

"We know," Maia said, "but my concern right now, is who sent me that letter."

"As is mine," another voice said, "and, why was Maia so willing to comply?"

We turned to see Christian's father joined by bip and bop, my guards and friends from school. I beamed at them, getting smiles in return and a growl from my mate.

"A solid question," Christian said, before kissing me possessively "and I presume you have the answer, father?"

His dad nodded. "Yes, please, sit down."

****