Chapter 40: The cloak strikes back

Its game day, Hufflepuff vs Gryffindor. And i'm sorry bros, but i'm very proudly wearing my hufflepuff uniform with yellow paint on my cheeks. I'm also standing with Crabb, Goyal, Pansy and Draco. Who are also wearing yellow face paint in support. Suddenly Snape walks up and stands next to us.

"The match has been canceled. Everyone go back to your dorm. Mrs. South-starr, come with me please." he says before walking off as i follow, flashing a side smile at Draco.

Snape tells me to wait outside the hospital wing, and it doesn't take long for Professor Mcgonagall, Harry and Ron to walk towards me.

"Ah, Mrs. South-Star. Good. i warn you, this could be a wee bit of a shock." she says as she walks us towards one of the covered beds. Lying in it we see Hermione. Petrified. Stiff as a rock. My hands fly to my mouth in shock.

"Hermione" ron breathes out like hes gonna wake her up.

"She was found near the library. Along with this." Mcgonigal says holding up a hand held mirror. My hand held mirror.

"Does it mean anything to any of you." she asks.

"Ya she borrowed it from my room over a month ago." i explain. She simply nods and gives us some space to think.

Afterwards i'm sitting in the gryffindor common room in complete shock. Being comforted by Fred over the whole thing when mcgonigal walks in.

"Can i have your attention please. Because of recent events these new rules will be put into effect immediately. All students will return to there house common rooms by 6 o'clock every evening. All students will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No exceptions. Not even you Mrs. South-Star. No matter what family is hear." she says to me sadly. I let out a small fake smile and stand up.

"I should tell you this, unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught. It is likely the school will be closed. Come with me (Y/N). i'll walk you to your dorm room." she says with a sad smile. I walk towards her and we leave the room.

"Professor, do you have any idea what could be causing this?" i ask her nicely as we walk carefully.

"I'm sorry dear. I wish i did." she explains. I let it fall quiet for a moment as i think of what to say.

"Professor, can you keep a secret. Not many people know this and i would like to share it with a teacher, but i don't want to cause alarm. It's quite important." I say hopefully. She stops me and faces me.

"Go on. I will not tell anyone unless it's imperative that i do." she says kindly.

"I'm a parseltongue. So is Harry as you probably already know. And both of us have been hearing a strange voice in the walls and ceilings. We don't know what it is. Only that no one else can hear it and it's always heard right before an attack. Like just before Justin was found petrified, i heard it repeating, Kill, kill, kill." i explain. She looks at me warily.

"I promise i'm not making this up. I wouldn't do that." i say quickly.

"Dont worry dear, i believe you. Do you mind if i discuss this with Dumbledore. I feel it's important to tell him." she asks.

"Of course. And if there's anything you want me to do, i will do all i can to help. I don't like my friends being frozen." i explain sadly. Mcgonigal smiles at me and rubs my back as she leads me back to my hufflepuff dorm.

I'm not there for long tho, as Harry and Ron seemingly appear in my room out of nowhere. Oh wait, they did. Invisible coat.

"You don't wanna be left out right? Then come on. We're going to Hagrid." Ron says as i chuck one of charlie's old leather jackets on before hiding under the cloak and walking out to Hagrid's hut.