Ten

Grayson Bailey

   The house was a lot quieter than usual, everything was still and worrisome. Sounds of yelling from the backyard echoed through the house making my body fully alert, I was quick on my feet as I raced through the house and out back.

   Ethan held a gun in his hand, thick red blood running down his face and shirt. Aaron was on his knees, pleading for Ethan to stop, my mouth dropped open, my body running towards the scene.

   "Ethan!" I screamed, pushing him away from Aaron, "move!" He yells at me, aiming the gun around me and at Aaron. "You betrayed me! You betrayed all of us and you expect me to forgive you? You're a dead mother fucker." Ethan yells at him, confusion drowns my body and I stand still between the two.

    "What happened?" I ask in a pleading tone, desperately trying to get Ethan to stop. "This fuck head is working for the Crips in America, feeding them information after information. About you, me, everyone in this house." Ethan explains angrily, my face drops and I turn to face Aaron, "is this true?" I ask, another tear slips from his eye as he shakes his head repeatedly.

   "I'm so sorry, please Grayson" he cries, trying to guilt me. But I've been through this enough, you can't get over betrayal, not like that, so I stepped away from the situation.

    "Go for it" I tell Ethan, he looks back at me, holding up eye contact with me as he pulls the trigger. A loud bang ringing through the air, my body flinched at the sound, Ethan and I look at the now dead Aaron, a bullet hole in his forehead.

      I grab Ethan's arm and drag him inside, blood splattered all over his clothes and face. "I didn't want to" He whispers, he looked as if he wanted to cry but he kept strong. "You had no choice. You did good, baby" I praise him  and he smiles weakly at me.

       "Look at you, letting your boyfriend turn you into a criminal" he teases, a blush spreads over my face. "Boyfriend, huh?" I ask, now it's his turn to blush as he looks away from me.

       "It just slipped" he said embarrassed, "it's okay, I like it" I tell him and he smiles, looking back down at me, leaning in for a kiss but I step back.

       "I am not kissing those bloody lips, you should go get cleaned up." I tell him and he nods, "here. Call Jack and get him to come take care of Aaron" Ethan hands me his iPhone, already unlocked.

        He must genuinely trust me if he just handed me a phone for me to call anyone. I debated it in my head as I clicked on the green phone, going into his contacts and searching Jacks name.

     I hold the phone up to my ear, the line rings twice before he picks up.

"Boss?" He asks and I chuckle slightly.

"it's Grayson, Ethan had me call you" I tell him.

"Oh what's up?" He asks concerned.

"Um so Ethan killed Aaron and he needs you to come get his body" I tell him almost in a whisper.

"Ok, be right there." He says quickly.

   The line goes dead and my brows raise at how ready he was, no emotion in his voice, no shock. Maybe he already knew it was going to happen.

    I press the home button and see that Ethan's wallpaper is the basic beach waves making me frown. I go into his camera and hold the phone up, a small smile on my face as I click the picture and set it as his lock screen.

    I wanted his home screen to be something different though, I lift up my shirt and bite my lip, holding a dark stare with the camera, taking the picture and examining it. Hopefully this would get Ethan excited, I set it as his home screen and jogged up the stairs into his room, hearing the shower turn off.