Chapter 15

Luke Point of View

It has been a couple of days since mum and dad passed away, it has been very hard for us and Ash is finding it hard to cope at the moment. I have noticed over the past couple of days Ash memory is coming back and she is starting to remember everything.

Ash has just been pacing back and forth around the house just mumbling words to herself, on the line of she should have done better, they deserve this life not her. The night turned from calm to restless, running what feels like every hour into Ash room.

Day of Funeral

Being the nice brother I am, I went out and brought Ash and nice dress that was appropriate for the funeral. I found a nice suit to wear and put that on and fixed my hair up and waited for Ash to finish up. Once Ash was finished we made our way to the car that our grandparents owned.

When we got the church there were the two coffins in the middle of the hallway. I saw the boys and their families sitting together, I walk hand in hand with Ash as we make our way down the hallway everybody giving us looks.

After all this reading and things I walked up to the microphone and gave out a little speech.

“Mum, dad you are the best thing that has happened to me and Ash together. I am going to miss you terribly and life won’t be the same without you. I could go on and on about both of you but I think I may bore this whole entire church out” I said

“But before I leave here are some words from my younger sister Ashleigh”

“Hello everybody, my name is Ashleigh Hemmings as some of you may know, but if you don’t know you do, I am the only daughter to Liz and Andrew Hemmings and they have been the best parents ever. As some of you may or may not know I was just in an accident and that caused me to have temporary memory loss. Over the past few weeks my memory has come back and I have started to remember things that I couldn’t remember before. Same with Luke I could go on for hours about this but I don’t want to bore you so I am just going to wrap it up with I love you mum and dad” she said

Jack and Ben went up and said a few words before we went and put flowers on the coffin and followed it out to the cars and said our final goodbyes before we watched them drive away. Ash and I said goodbye to some people and just made our way home by taxi classic.

We went home and we had to start packing for the tour we had to leave for in a few days. It felt like forever I manage to get all the clothes that I am going to need in my suitcase and that includes sitting on it to close it.

I walk into Ash room and she has clothes all over the place, it looks like a bomb at hit her room. I walked over and sat down next to her and help her back some warm clothes and some she can wear when it a bit warmer and basically back extra things.

 I also noticed under some clothes there was a picture hanging out, I pulled it and it was a photo of the family before Ash was in hospital. Mum, dad, Jack and Ben. Ash was sitting in the middle of Jack and I while mum, dad and Ben stood in the back.

I must have zoned out all I remember was Ash clicking her fingers in my face. I looked up at her and gave her a huge hug and just started crying into her shoulder. This is going to be hard but I will pull through it, I hope.

Both our grandparents came over and helped us move things out since we cannot afford to keep the house since it’s so big. Ash and I have decided that it would be better to just buy an apartment together in the next few days before we leave.

The packing went late into the late and none of has slept at all but the house was finally packed up. In the morning when we had little sleep I thought that it would be best if we went and looked for an apartment so we could move in straight away.

We wanted to be near the city since it would be better for the both of us and it had a good view of the harbour. Mum and dad left money for both of us so we decided to put some of it together and decided to find a nice place that was not too expensive.

Hours later we found a nice apartment that looked over the harbour and it wasn’t too expensive. It was two bedroom place with a bathroom, kitchen and lounge room and had a balcony looking over the harbour.

I let Ash choose her room and she wanted the one that looked over the harbour. Our grandparents were kind enough to bring our house over to us and they helped us unpack, I was starting to worry that we were going to pull another all-nighter.

The house mover guys came and brought the rest of the house that could not fit in both the grandparents’ car and put them down so we could set everything up. About 11pm the apartment was finally set up and Ash and I just sat down on the couch enjoying each other company.

We have been having to buy our food since we have been moving around heaps and I am a not so great cooker, and Ash is on the way to help cook dinner but she hasn’t done anything about it. I pull out my phone and start going through all my message and I send out a tweet, basically to say that I am alive.

@Luke5SOS: found a nice apartment with @ashleighhemmings, new step in life

Seconds later Ash sends a tweet out

@ashleighhemmings: look at my view living with @Luke5SOS, new step in life

We looked at each other and burst out into laughter

“Hey that’s my line” we both said at the same time

The night was just filled with all the memories that we could remember, and I was surprised that Ash could remember lots her memory must be better now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter was kinda rushed but I felt like I needed to get it up for you guys, I have never moved house of anything so I have no idea what is actually happening with the house bit. But thank you guys for taking time to read this story it means a lot.

I will probably come back and edit so it flows more smoothly, I wanted to bring some life to this since the other chapter was quite sad. Should be updating again soon.

Love you guys

Infinityhemmings7