Chapter Fifty-Eight | Second World

[ 58 ]

"Not what you expected?" Ryōichi spoke quietly into Hisaya's ear as he approached from behind. They were standing in the kitchen, having just finished washing the dishes, eyeing Ichiro, who was happily chatting away with Asahi on the ground with all of the toys sprawled about.

Ryōichi brushed his lips against the shell of Hisaya's ear, wrapping his arms around his narrower waist. They easily moulded into one another, enjoying each other's presence. In response to the man's earlier question, Hisaya tilted his head to the side ever so slightly, to encourage the teasing brushes of the older man's lips.

"No, but he's far better than I could have imagined." He confessed,

"Hm?" Ryōichi tightened his hold and took a nibble of his young lover's ear. "Should I be concerned?"

Hisaya chuckled, spinning around in the mans arms so that he could face him. He brought his hands up and rested them on Ryōichi's chest, fingertips teasing the opened-buttons on the collar of the polo shirt he was wearing. "Haven't you seen the article that very conveniently just came out? I'm already in a harmonious relationship, I apparently haven't got an eye for anybody else."

The older mans mouth curved, "Mm yes, I did see something like that, but everyone knows to take stories on the news with a pinch of salt. But since you're here, it's like I have VIP access, I get to ask whether or not you do have an eye for someone else." He spoke matter-of-factly and it made Hisaya laugh at how bad of an actor the man was. He was obviously used to being direct, lacking the foreplay Hisaya would later promise to teach him.

And he just so happened to be in a playful mood, "And what if I did? What if it was a simple beta who lives a very simple life, works in a simple job and yet will cherish me with all his being?"

Whether Ryōichi was aware of his grey eyes exposing his emotions, Hisaya wasn't sure, but he enjoyed winding the man up. He had his head cocked just slightly, a ghost of a smile on his lips. The alpha holding him was trying but failing to contain himself, and with the patience that Hisaya gave him, Ryōichi brought a hand up and cupped his cheek.

"A simple man is easier to make disappear." He revealed and for whatever psychological-trigger that had in Hisaya; he was immediately aroused.

Hisaya suppressed the urge to break out in a grin, and instead raised a brow. "That's mighty possessive of you, alpha. Though I can't say I don't like it, I am in fact fighting against that very thing as a job."

Ryōichi's reaction was immediate, he stepped forward so Hisaya's back pressed against the island, and he was looming over him. The hand that once cupped the pale cheek now dropped to lift a chin. Regardless of where they were, or who was in their company, Ryōichi clearly didn't mind.

"It would be no different if you were a beta or an alpha, my feelings would be the same. And I don't wish to possess you, I want to do just about everything else to you, but not that. And from the way you move, planning your every move and always having an escape-route with everyone except for me, I can only guess you want that too."

Hisaya felt the impact of his words, his ears burning red, just as his inability to look someone in the eye when embarrassed, surfaced. "I'm not su-" He laughed awkwardly but Ryōichi was relentless. As Hisaya had turned his head away, exposing his neck, the true wolf that was his lover, attacked.

"No simple man could handle you, Hisaya." He whispered against his skin, the thick baritone voice making his eyelids become heavy. But he wasn't finished, tracing his lips up his neck, a flicker of the man's warm, wet tongue darting out now and then to have a taste, before he came to the junction between his throat and his ear.