Chapter Forty-Two | Second World

[ 42 | Second World ]

Yoshiaki Kenta stood rooted to the spot as he watched the big boss tap his finger on the desk. The man was clearly deliberating, but anyone could see he was vaguely irritated. As for the reason why? Well of course it had to be the slippery little Omega.

"Does it not strike you as weird that he's aware you answer to someone else, and yet he has no interest in meeting me?" The Alpha thought out loud, sitting back in his office chair.

Yoshiaki had often thought that, but couldn't come to a solid conclusion. He just shrugged, "He doesn't seem to care, as long as I'm doing my job."

That didn't sit right with the business tycoon. He turned and looked out of the large-paned windows, eyeing the bustling life that was going on all around his companies' building. His gaze then shifted in the general direction that Hisaya's own business was located.

"He makes a point of giving the corporate-spies the boot, making sure the newspaper get headline shots, but you he leaves be."

Perhaps the young man was indirectly luring him in? That was an appetising thought. "From what we've gathered so far, only one of those individuals has a barely-passable link to Hiromasa. It wouldn't be strong enough to rely on as evidence. But it's clear that they were definitely spying for someone. Various notes and recordings confirm that." Yoshiaki explained.

"Un, I don't doubt that's Hiromasa's doing. He likes having others do the dirty work for him, especially expendable people he can quickly cut ties with." He unfortunately knew Hiromasa like the back of his hand, and was well aware of the mans real, and detestable personality. But to take on the worm was too much effort, over time it was just easier to ignore the other Alpha.

But he never would have expected Hisaya to be the one to confront him. This undoubtedly complicated things. And it was a situation where many large empire owners sat up and listened, wondering how it was going to play out. As he had recently heard someone saying 'the little omega has gotten further than predicted'.

"Where is he now?" He asked, running a hand through his short black hair. It would ordinarily start off being styled neatly, but as he went through the day he became progressively more stressed- which meant frustratedly running his fingers through it.

It took all of his will-power not to grab his coat and head straight for the door. He felt idiotically desperate to see the small business owner who seemed so happy to snub him. And from the looks of it, Hisaya wasn't even aware he was doing it. It was infuriating.

"He left in a taxi" Yoshiaki scratched the back of his neck, a pair of sharp silver eyes suddenly fixed on him.

"Oh?"

"So- uhm, I'm not entirely sure where he is."

"Did he say where he was going?"

"Ah, no sir."

"And you haven't put a tracker in his phone?"

The beta began to sweat, "Um, I think that would be taking 'monitoring him' a step..too far?"

"I suppose you're right." When in reality, he disagreed. His curiosity was boundless, and he wanted to know everything about this 'new Hisaya'. He also wanted to make sure he was safe, because there are countless opportunities Hiromasa may take.

Yoshiaki could breathe a sigh of relief, but it didn't last long as his phone started ringing. Ordinarily, he would have ignored it, but when he saw his little bosses name flash up, he glanced over to the man seated behind his desk.

Recognising the expression, and guessing who it was, the business man nodded his head.

"Sir, do you want me to pick you up?" Yoshiaki started with when he answered the call.