Chapter Twenty | First World

[ 20 ]

ShuNing tried to recall the man's name, but he remembered he hadn't bothered to ask for it. Nevertheless, he greeted him as he would any pride-dictating man in this world.

The overly-friendly stranger strode passed the elder man, who was previously speaking to him, and made his way right over to ShuNing, who stood up as he did. Their height difference was as immense as it was between ZhangFeng and himself, but unlike his travel companion who disguised his muscular body under delicate fabrics, that seemed to 'soften' his appearance, this man was clearly out to emphasise his own.

The dominating colour of green would have likely made a clear statement on what clan he was from, or what region, but ShuNing was non-the-wiser. He had had other things to worry about lately. But compared to his own features, and many others from XeClan, this man's face although very handsome was softer. His eyes weren't naturally narrowed, his nose wasn't sharp and he didn't have pale white skin.

The man had tanned skin and along with his brown hair it made his green eyes shine. "We meet again, older brother." ShuNing gave nothing away as he smiled pleasantly, very attractively in the eyes of the young man that his companions called 'Jun brother'.

"I'm glad we get to meet again, we didn't have the opportunity to exchange names last time." He revealed, as if that was something that ShuNing was also disappointed about. The younger one didn't show his thoughts on the matter, merely keeping up the smile.

The man proceeded to step even closer, far exceeding what was deemed as a respectable distance between strangers. He didn't appear perturbed in the slightest as he turned over his hand, presenting ShuNing with his open palm. The mans elbow was still against his body, showing that this was quite an intimate greeting.

ShuNing tried not to read too much into it as he gave the man his hand. The fingers curled around his slender pale one and, to the disbelief of ShuNing, his hand was brought up to the mans lips.

"Greeting you, I am Wang Junjie."

The name didn't ring with familiarity, so ShuNing was able to breathe. He was patient enough to allow the man to keep hold of his hand whilst they initially spoke. "Guang Bai." He found himself blurting before he could think of any other name.

He bit the inside of his mouth guiltily, apologising to his little bun for already tarnishing his name.

The man opposite, Wang Junjie, smiled when he heard it before nodding his head. "Such a precious name fits you, can I ask what clan you fair from? I would love to take up the opportunity of seeing you again." He asked confidently, seemingly not bothered to ask whether or not ShuN-Guang Bai was interested.

"I come from the land of Xe, more specifically, XeClan."

Wang Junjie gave a visible sign of displeasure as he heard the name, perking ShuNing's immediate interest, the softly-featured man quickly recovered with a smile but it was a lot smaller than before. He lowered their hands, and with a squeeze he released it.

"I must admit, I am a little surprised." He confessed, his shoulders suddenly straightening up as he cleared his throat. The man seemed to be battling his own thoughts whilst trying to remain hospitable in front of the attractive youth.

"Why so?" ShuNing cocked his head, his dark eyes fixing the other man with interest.

The man could feel his previous thoughts slipping as the beauty of the younger man in front of him melted them away. He found that this Guang Bai was an innocent individual, one you would want to bundle up and protect.