Chapter Forty | Second World

[ 40 ]

Anyone would be nervous stepping into the lions den. But as Hisaya had already lived a life where there was a high probability that he would have his head struck off, he didn't feel at all intimidated. Another week had passed since yet another article came out with both his and Noriaki's lovely faces on the front page.

The Pantheon were making a fortune as they had all the rights to the images. And they were hardly loosing out when he himself flashed some cash every now and then. They flocked to make him happy, and more importantly, they were no longer hesitant to take the Aristocratic and Alpha Times head-on.

"Sir, I have some concerns." Yoshiaki voiced when they arrived in one of the most luxurious hotels within their own district. The hotel was well-known, and from the looks of it, highly desirable. Unlike the surrounding hotels that broadcasted their wealth by dangling chandeliers with rare jewels on it, the hotel that his assistant/bodyguard had selected was a very welcoming one.

No wonder, as the beta had informed him, that upon the Hotels opening it became overwhelmingly popular and continues to be fully-booked three years later. Whoever the owner was, they were rolling in the dosh.

"I would worry if you didn't." Hisaya countered, spotting the luxurious bar to their left. As it was late-afternoon, the air was filled with the thrums of chatter, followed with the soft clinking of glasses. People often came here when they have finished their busy work-days. But it was only the elite who could afford to.

Unsurprisingly, a majority of those in the room were Alphas. Then the Betas filled up the remainder. As for the lowly Omegas? If there were any then they were the mates of the Alphas. Their accessory to brag about.

So for Hisaya to be there, not for anyone else but himself, it did draw a lot of attention. At the end of the bar area, where most were standing, was a respectable seating area. In the back, there were some intimate seating- which is where Kazuki Hiromasa lurked.

Coming to a stop, Hisaya looked back and spoke a few words to Yoshiaki Kenta, who gave a nod and made his way over to the Alpha who had a plan. They met, and from where Hisaya stood, he watched as his assistant had a quick back and forth with Hiromasa's own assistant.

A glasses-wearing man, who had just as thick of a file as the rest of the people who worked for Hiromasa. But Hisaya knew how to work with difficult men like him; the egotistical type who believes they are the smartest in the world.

A short time later, as he had gotten comfortable at a table for two by the window, a man approached. Said mans presence was immediately noted by those nearby. Bystanders loosening their suddenly-tight collars. Although they knew Hiromasa's extraordinary reputation, they knew to give the man a wide birth just in case.

"May I join you?" Though the mans voice was deep, he spoke smoothly and with a suggestive lilt. The man had clearly dismissed both of their right-hands because they stood by the bar, watching.

Hisaya had to crane his neck back due to where the tall man stood. Right beside him, at the edge of the circular table. Whilst he had to look up, the man made a point of looking right down at him. And for a few moments, the Omega drew a blank.

Technically, they had never met. But Hisaya had done plenty of research to know what the man looked like. And he was just as disturbed by the mans image right then as he was when he first saw a photo. Why? Because of the mans eyes. The yellow irises. Which were similar, if not accurate to the pair that XeLeader once owned.

The same animalistic bloodlust was similarly present. Even if he hadn't known who Hiromasa was in this world, with just one glance he would know that this man was bad news.