Can Opener

Tristin's pov*

Okay my question is how did I get shot and lose a tremendous amount of blood, was off for three months, but I'm kicking the boys' asses in running after this guy who stole Intel from the Pentagon.

"What is this guy? An Olympic sprinter?" Jack complained as we run after him.

"Yeah, didn't you read his file. Special skills include stealing top secret information with his phone and the 100 meter dash." Mac said in a joking sarcastic manner.

"Faster you two." I tell them leading them to catch this guy. We run past a hose and I had an idea. "Mac, hose, Archimedes." I tell him about his escape artist wolf hound he had when he was little. I see he got the idea going over to the hose. I then hear Jack complain about him just trying to get out of running while following me. We we round a corner we see Mac spraying something.

"Trist, I need a spark right there." Pointing to a spot, I pull out my gun (that I don't use often, but only when absolutely necessary), I fired and sparked the fire making a circle around the guy trapping him. "You're welcome." Mac says. We laugh. Jack sits on the ground to catch his breath as well as me.

The next day

Mac, Jack and I are in the war-room waiting for Riley, she walks in.

"So?" Mac says asking about if she got the apartment. She smirks jingling the keys in her hand.

"I move in this weekend." She said.

"Congrats." I say hugging her.

"If you want I have some used neon beer signs, if you want?" Jack suggests.

"Thanks, I think I'm good."

"Good morning." Thornton comes in. "Congratulations on the apartment."

"How'd you know?" Riley asks.

"We're spies." Jack said like stating the obvious.

"We got a call about a credit check. Sorry but the moving in will have to wait." Thornton replied. She hit a button and a man's profile comes on the screen. "This is Joaquin 'El Noche' Sancola. Former head of the Martita cartel."

"I remember this guy. Didn't he tunnel his way of a Mexican prison?" Mac asks.

"Yeah, DEA had to catch him again and lock him up state side." Riley said.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's going to be easy catching a guy who is already behind bars." Jack says.

"Actually him being behind bars is the problem." I look at her confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask. She presses another button and pictures of violence come on.

"Since the US locked up El Noche his lieutenants have unleashed an unprecedented wave of violence on law enforcement. Federates, DEA and their families have all been killed. El Nocheis a business man, these new lieutenants are brutal." No kidding. "The cartel is run out of a secret stronghold near the Yucatan Peninsula. We may not know where the compound is, but El Noche does and we know exactly where he is."

"Serving time in a maximum security prison in Texas." Riley finishes.

"So how are we going to El Noche to tell us where the compound is?" Mac asks. She then looks at him. I then get an idea of what it's going to be.

"Thornton, please don't tell me it's not about Operation Spider?" I ask her in concern for Mac.

"Unfortunately, yes." I groan. The others look at me.