~chɑptєr ɴɪɴєtєєɴ~

(A/N-

Hey guys!! So I have some good and bad news...

Well really it's good for me, I don't know how you all will feel about it.

Two more chapters left. TWO. Give it two weeks will have exactly 20 chapters!

I had planned on writing a bit more than this but I've got another book idea and I would like to work on my writings just one at a time.

Also good news.. *drum roll* THAT WAS THE LAST TIME WE WILL SEE TREVOR!

No one liked Trevor anyway :)

Ok I'll shut up now. Leave comments saying how you want the book to end!

Thanks you guys for reading! I love youuu)

[_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_][_]

"Liz please talk to me." I had had the bittersweet misfortune of running into Hayes on the elevator.

I didn't make eye contact with him. It's been six days since I've talked to him. He's called me and texted me endless times and left me so many voicemails that it took up all of my phone storage, but I hated to delete them. Each of them begging for me to talk to him, forgive him, the works.

"Elizabeth, come on. We only have one day left together!"

"Yeah except we won't be together. So don't look at it like that." I snapped.

"Liz I don't understand." His voice was pleading, his blue eyes resembling a puppy's.

"I can't do this. Trust you. It won't work out." I said.

"What are you talking about, Liz? The first week was great!" His voice sounded a bit hoarse, and I couldn't help but wonder if he had been crying.

"Yeah, I hadn't really thought it through that well okay? I can't be with you. I can't be with anyone. I wasn't meant to have someone else, I'm meant to be alone. Just me. And I'm fine with that."

"You're not fine with that and you know it, Liz." Hayes said. He was inching closer and closer to me by the second and it was growing more and more uncomfortable, but a small part of me wanted him to close the distance.

"Stop acting like you know me inside and out, Hayes! We spent one week together, and that's it!" I yelled, and as if on cue, the lights in the elevator flickered off, and we stopped abruptly, sending me, coincidentally, into Hayes' arms.

"Well that's one way to do it." Hayes muttered as he helped me stand to my feet.

Embarrassed, I turned away but ended up running into the wall and falling to the floor.

"Ouch." I rubbed my forehead with my hand.

Hayes helped me to my feet and once I was standing I backed away from him, not trusting myself to be that close. Just his hand on my back, helping me upwards, sent electricity through me and I loved that feeling too much to let it happen.

"I think the elevator stopped working." He stated.

"Oh really." I said sarcastically, squinting at him.

"Hey I'm just saying." He put his arms up in surrender.

"Yeah." I looked away and moved to the panel of buttons next to the closed door. They weren't lit up like they were before, and the screen telling us what floor we are on was off as well.

"How are we supposed to call for help if we can't press the emergency button?" I asked, repeatedly pressing the red button, knowing nothing would happen.