~chɑptєr sєvєɴ~

I've been ready for two hours. Watching the time like staring at that damn clock on the wall would speed things along. If anything it was slowing things down.

I don't know why I was so eager to go down to the beach with him. Honestly, he was rude and all, but he was intriguing. I'd decided that talking to him and spending time with him these two weeks would be inevitable. He'd made me his mission, and I wouldn't deny that part of me enjoyed being a part of it.

I couldn't wait to find out what his tattoo says. Having a mysterious tattoo made him so much more interesting. Made me want to find out more about him. Maybe that was his intention when he got the tattoo? Make girls want to get to know him?

4:50.

Ten minutes until I meet Hayes. Ten minutes until I can text him and ask if he's ready.

I had told my parents that I would be hanging out with Hayes again tonight earlier. Their reaction was thankfully positive. This was going well, the main reason I kept associating myself with him is for my parents. As long as they're happy and proud of me I'd talk to him everyday.

Secretly, that thought didn't even bother me.

4:53.

Okay he said 'around' 5:00 didn't he? It was around 5:00. It's seven minutes away.

"Are you ready yet?" I hit send on my phone.

I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding in. I wondered how long that breath had been sitting in my lungs.

*Ding*

My eyes darted to the screen and I opened the text.

"Been ready for a while."

I smiled, wondering if he had been watching the clock too. Doubtful, but an interesting fantasy.

In my time spent waiting for 5:00 to roll around, I had browsed Pinterest. I read just enough inspirational quotes and shit to make me realize that I never get a replay in life. Each moment only happens once. I might as well live each one to the fullest, right? So I might as well let myself enjoy my time with Hayes. I don't even care if he's rude. He's fun, and he makes me feel special, and I've never had that before. It's nice.

"I'm going to head down there." I sent.

I grabbed the orange beach towel that I used yesterday. It was now freshly washed.

Tonight I was wearing my cutest bathing suit. I felt confident wearing it, and I rarely feel completely confident. Maybe it's something Hayes does, maybe he's the reason I'm suddenly confident. Nah, it's probably the bathing suit.

It's a simple black bikini from the front, but when you turn around, the back has a cutout pattern in the shape of a heart. The bottoms are simply black but have a tiny cutout heart on the hip.

The black looked good against my tan skin and my chest appeared bigger than it actually was. My curves stood out more than ever and my hair was left down. I hadn't put on makeup, for the simple fact that it would've run in the water.

I didn't even slip on a coverup because I loved my bikini so much.

"I'm going down to the beach!" I yelled to my parents. Lily had gone out with Jessica, Daniella and Bella. They all went to a putt-putt golf course or something like that.

"Okay sweetie! Be careful!" My mom yelled back.

"Please don't watch us from the balcony." I yelled slightly quieter.

"But sweetie-"

"Please. Mom."

"Hun just let her enjoy herself and not have to worry about an audience." I heard my dad say to her.