~chɑptєr sɪ×tєєɴ~

It wasn't long after he ended the phone call that I heard a knock on the door.

I got up from my curled up position on the bed and quickly, but quietly, stepped out of my room and answered the door.

I opened it to see Hayes standing there in his usual attire, a white t-shirt and jeans.

"Hey there." He grinned and stepped inside even though I hadn't told him he could.

"Won't you come in." I said sarcastically and led him to my room, which was only a few steps away.

"Nice place." He looked around.

"Thanks, I guess." The room wasn't technically ours, just where we were staying for a couple of weeks, so I wasn't sure if I should thank him.

After we were both in the room I shut the door simply because I hadn't told anyone I was having someone over.

"Wanna tell me what you and your sister are fighting over?" He climbed on my bed and sat cross-legged as though it was something he did all the time. He's able to make himself at home anywhere, I've noticed.

"I would like to, but I don't know if she would want me too." I said, meeting the bright blue eyes that I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing.

"I won't tell." He whispered and then winked at me.

"I've already broken her trust.." I said and looked down.

His body language changed after that. He looked more concerned and sympathetic than before. I guess he realized that this is more serious than he probably thought.

"Okay. I get it, I've gone through it." He was watching me but I wasn't looking up.

"How do I earn her trust back then? I just want to forget about it all, I mean, I know I did the right thing given the situation, but I should've talked to her first." My eyes were tearing up.

"Honestly.. I never got that far." It was his turn to look down and mine to look at him.

"I'm sorry for complaining about my problems when you have your own." I held my hands over my face.

"Hey." He took my hands and put them in my lap, not letting go of them and said, "I've gone through it, but you're living it."

I smiled sadly at him, grateful for him knowing exactly what to say.

"You're a good guy, Hayes. Did you know that?" I held his thoughtful gaze.

"Yes I did in fact know that." He smiled proudly and let go of my hands, leaving an unwanted coldness behind. "But thanks." He added sincerely.

I looked down unsure what to do then.

"So." He said laying down on his side and propping his head on his hand. "I do believe I promised you some cheering up."

"Yes, I believe you did." I raised my eyebrows, giggling.

He glanced over to my pillow and my face flushed with anxiety as his glance landed on my stuffed turtle.

He sat up and grabbed it, holding it up in front of his face to examine it.

"You must've made quite the impression." He looked at me out of the corner of his eyes for a second then continued looking at the plush toy in his hands, even though I'm sure by then he know what it looked like.

"Oh of course I did." I laughed, glad that we could joke about something like this. I mean, it's not like I'll ever see Trevor again. Although he was really nice..

"You made one on me too, wise owl." He said, then brought his hand to my face and moved his thumb across my cheek.

My stomach had an odd feeling so I went through every thought in my mind to figure out what brought on the feeling beside of the fact that his hand still hadn't moved.

I realized that him touching my face reminded me of kissing him, and when I realized that I felt the blood rush to my cheeks.

I looked down, embarrassed.

He sucked in a breath and moved his hand from my face, bringing back that same cold feeling.

"We should watch tv." I suggested, making sure that all traces of the moment before were gone.

"Sure!" He grinned and leaned back so his head was resting on the headboard and facing the tv. He patted the bed next to him, implying that I lay down next to him.

I grabbed the remote and turned it on. The music station I had been listening to a couple nights before came on.

I was about to change the channel when he grabbed the remote himself and began humming along with the slow song playing.

"Excuse me, I believe that's mine." I laughed, trying to grab the remote back.

"Nope. Get up." He said, climbing off my bed and standing in front of it, gesturing for me to join him.

"Why?" I drew out the 'y' sound.

He pointed in front of him and gave me a strong enough look to convince me out of the bed and into a standing position in front of him.

"Now." He grabbed one of my hands and put his other hand on my lower back.

I looked at him, confused.

He looked at me like I was an idiot for about five seconds then said, "It's called dancing." He nodded towards our intwined hands out beside out faces.

"Um-" I coughed. "I've never been good at this."

"And how many times have you tried?" He had a look on his face that I didn't recognize.

"Well-" I started.

"Exactly." He finished.

Another song had come on that was about the same slow pace as the last. Hayes started swaying back and forth but I stood still. I didn't want to embarrass myself by sucking at dancing.

"Liz! You have to move." Hayes said, obviously wanting me to cooperate.

"What if I'm awful?" I said, already knowing what the response would be.

"Liz you could do the damn Macarena and you'd look beautiful."

I laughed out loud, then covered my mouth so I didn't draw attention. "Thanks." I managed to get out.

"Now come on. You're dancing."

Eventually I have in and we danced for a long time.

....

A/N

Hey guys! So so sorry for making you wait this long. I started back to school and I just hardly have any time for writing :(

I'm going to try to update around this time every Friday though. I know you're used to every three or four days but it's just complicated with homework and everything.

So yeah. Every Friday :D

Keep Voting And Commenting! Tell Your Friends About This Book And Tell Them It's Amazing Because You Are All Really Nice And Think It's Amazing Right?

Love,

Hope ~