~chɑptєr ɴɪɴє~

My face was glowing red at his words. He just said he likes me. He likes me. I like him too! Right!

No. I can't, and I don't. I'm just a stupid girl with a tiny crush that can go no where.

Lily was basically jumping off the walls at Hayes' little 'confession'. Her eyes were wide and she was grinning so big, throw some clown makeup on her and she could've been in a horror movie.

I shot her a glare that told her not to be too excited.

"Hayes-" I started but he cut me off.

"Liz, I already know what you're going to say. You're so predictable. You're going to deny feelings for me, and say you don't want to talk to me anymore. Right?" He said confidently, his overly large ego heard in his voice.

I glanced at Lily and could tell she was getting uncomfortable with this, because it really wasn't her situation to be in. She may be as curious as a cat but she knew when she should or shouldn't be involved.

"Hayes. Can I just come up to your room so we can talk about this. I don't like that I can't see your facial expressions." That last part was true. I would be able to take him more seriously if I could be certain he wasn't wearing a smirk the whole damn time.

"Of course." He said, and that time I knew he wore the smirk. I odidn't have to wonder.

I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"I need to put clothes on." I stated.

"Your naked?" He asked with an unreadable, yet strong emotion.

My face turned red again and Lily snickered.

"No pervert! I'm wearing pajamas!" I exclaimed, trying to stay serious even though the situation was pretty funny.

"I knew that." He said sarcastically, giving the impression that he had, in fact, not known what I meant.

"Mhmm." I said accusingly.

"Just put your damn clothes on and get up here." He said before I heard his balcony door shut.

I giggled and Lily just shook her head.

"You are totally into him." She said before turning around to lean on the railing.

"I'm going up there to tell him why I can't be around him, Lily."

"Lizzy! Don't you get it! We have been here for three freaking days and you are already worrying about this guy sneaking his way into your life! Things don't happen that fast unless there's something there, and there is. It's so obvious to everyone around you, including him, but you're oblivious." She said, staring into my eyes with her emerald ones.

"Lily, I'm just ending this before it starts." I was using every ounce of will power to keep calm.

"It's already started, Liz." She said as though she knows everything about my, relationship? Friendship? With Hayes.

"What do you know!" I guess my will power ran out.

"I know my sister! And my sister is completely into that guy up there," she gestured to the floor above, "she just won't let herself have fun!"

"I won't let myself have fun? Really? I'm protecting myself from getting hurt!"

"Getting hurt is part of being a teenager!"

"I guess I'm not a normal teenager then."

"Well obviously." She rolled her eyes. "But you have to give him a chance."