~chɑptєr єƖєvєɴ~

"Lizzy.." the text from Hayes read.

He only called me that to get my attention, he knows I like him calling me Liz and he uses it against me, but this time I can't let it get to me. I can't let him get to me. Not anymore.

I didn't respond to his text.

He went to my room to apologize? That's such a sweet gesture! My mind thought before I could stop it.

Should I really have to stop my mind from thinking about him? He kissed me, he was my first kiss, I guess I have that as an excuse to think about him.

That kiss.

God, I wanted his full lips on mine so freaking bad despite the fact that I was doing everything in my power to end all connections with him.

Harder now that I know for a fact that I have feelings for him.

That kiss made it obvious that there's something there, something that could be real, but I've already set my mind to moving on, and I'm not changing it again.

Besides, I'm in the car, on the way to lunch with my family. My thoughts shouldn't be clouded, I should be focused on enjoying myself with my family.

Even if they all want me to make friends, meet guys, put myself out there a little more, closeness in the family is an important part of our lives, and we tend to stick to that.

"So? Where are we going, ladies?" My dad asked from the drivers seat.

My sister took the liberty to answer for everyone.

"Fudpucker's." She said confidently, obviously not expecting any sort of rebuttal from anyone.

"Hun, we would have to drive all the way down to Destin, maybe even Pensicola, depends on how busy the one in Destin is." My mom began rambling. She's a bit of a pessimist sometimes about these things.

"It's fine, dear." My dad patted my moms hand. She looked back at him and nodded, smiling. He matched her smile and they held hands.

Even though they've been married for years they still act young and in love, it's moments like these that I wish I could find a love like that.

My parents never argue, Hayes and I do. So we would never have what our parents have.

Am I really comparing Hayes and I to my parents, a happily married couple? I really do have feelings for him. Feelings that need to go away, as soon as possible.

"How long will it take to get there?" I asked.

"A while, sweetheart. Probably around forty-five minutes to an hour." My dad answered nervously. I don't understand why he's uncomfortable around me, to be honest. I never did anything to him.

"Alright, thanks." I answered, trying to calm him, but to no avail.

He began rambling on about how he would let me pick the station, or how he would buy me a souvenir at the restaurant.

"It's okay, Dad." I laughed. "I have earbuds." I wiggled my earbuds around when he looked in the rear view mirror at me.

"Well I'll still buy you a t-shirt or something." He said matter-of-factly.

"Ok dad." I said assuringly.

Evidently I was the only one who noticed the awkward exchange. My mom was singing along to some ear-bleeding, sappy, kill yourself instead of listening, country song from like a million years ago so I stuck my earbuds in and turned on 'Cool Kids' by Echosmith.

After a ton of my favorite songs had been heard, we finally parked in a fairly crowded parking lot, but the crowd was expected. This place was a tourist trap in itself.