Chapter One

Jade's heart skipped a beat as she looked around the dark room, her hands bound behind her back, beads of sweat covering her forehead.

She was back in McGees basement. Her heart raced a million miles an hour as a bloody McGee approached her with a butchers knife in hand.

He gave her a twisted smile which made her insides churn. "Thought you could really kill me Jade?"

Jade crawled back to the wall in fear as he edged closer. "You'll never kill me."

"Because you're weak," he spat. "And pathetic."

Jade squirmed and began to sob. She couldn't be back there. She killed McGee.

But did she?

She screamed so loud that the whole world could hear as McGee plunged the knife into her stomach.

Jade screamed as she woke up from nightmare. She hyperventilated as she scrambled across her bed, tumbling to the floor.

She screamed and cried as Robertson burst into her room with his pistol, aimed and ready to fire.

He looked down at his distressed daughter and immediately tucked away his gun and hugged her tightly.

Sweat ran down her face, her shirt now drenched in her sweat along with her bed.

"It's ok, shhhh," he held Jade close to him as she held on tightly to him. She sobbed into his shoulder as he tried to comfort her.

"It's ok Jade," he kissed the top of her head. "You're safes Cheverston can't get to you here."

After Robertson was discharged from the hospital he updated the security to Maximum and had cameras all over the place.

Jade still wouldn't calm down and Robertson pulled away as he held her shoulders. "Copy my breathing."

He sucked in a breath. "In," He exhaled loudly. "And out."

Jade copied him as he done it with her. She calmed her breathing to normal and she lay her head back on the wall, a sigh escaping her lips.

"Another nightmare?" Robertson asked.

Jade nodded her head as she rubbed away the tears from her eyes. "The same one as always."

Robertson sighed. "You haven't had a nightmare in months," he cocked his head to the side, perplexed. "What's different now?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "They just come and go."

"Should I set up a with the counsellor?"

Jade sighed. "You know I don't like him."

"Jade," Robertson ran a hand across his tired face. "He's there to help and listen to you, not harm you. We've been over this."

"Well I don't feel like opening up to some random stranger about my stupid feelings and nightmares, dad."

Robertson sighed deeply. Jade folded her arms over her chest as she let out a sigh of her own.

"Fine, I'll go."

He kissed the top of Jades head once again as he stood up and helped her to her feet. "It'll help, trust me."

Jade hugged herself. "And what if this feeling that I always have never goes away?"

"It will," Robertson ran a hand through his greasy hair. "It just takes ti-"

"Time," she rolled her eyes. "I know, you've been saying it for the past month."

"Its been almost a year Jade," Robertson reminded her. "And you now know how to defend yourself properly."

"Cheverston is a lot stronger than me and faster," she reminded him. "So I'm fucked either way."

He tapped his temple. "Just use your head."

As he went to leave, he turned as he had his hand on the doorknob. "You finally ready to go back to school?"

"Everyone is going to stare at me like I'm some freak."

Robertson chuckled. "They're not going to stare at you like you're some freak, Jade."

He hugged her. "First day is always hard ok? But remember, it'll get easier."

She nodded her head as he bid her goodnight, closing the door after him. Jade sighed deeply and crawled back into bed.

She sunk into her pillows as she stared up at the ceiling. She let out a deep breath before curling up into a ball and fell back asleep.

Author's Note:
Welcome back everyone! I hope you all enjoy 'The Sadistic'. I'm super excited for this book and how it'll turn out.

Sorry for the very short chapter but it was the best I could come up with.

And send me some ideas for some plot twists maybe in dms? :)