Chapter Fourteen

Jade could hardly feel her body the next morning from all the shocks she had received last night.

It took great effort to sit up when Hannah came wheeling in a metal trolley with her breakfast.

The dream of her escaping was crushed.

All of her hope and optimism of escaping, was gone.

She didn't dare look Hannah in the eye as she spread Jades breakfast out evenly on the plate.

Hannah glanced at Jade as she set down her mug of coffee. "You're rather quiet this morning," She furrowed her brows. "Something wrong?"

Jade dared a look at her. She looked rather concerned for her which concerned Jade.

Jade gave her a weak smile. She opened her mouth to speak but only a hoarse noise came from her.

She grunted many times, trying to clear her throat. "I-I'm fine."

Hannah gave her a look but didn't pry. She wheeled the trolley away from her bed and snatched out her phone, scrolling through what Jade thought was Instagram.

Jade slowly, but surely, ate her breakfast. Each swallow was a horrible burning sensation going down her throat.

She chugged her water and watched for the last time as Hannah left the room.

She only realised at that moment, that that was her last proper meal.

Cheverston would most likely feed her rats.

Or worse.

A shiver ran down her spine at the thought. Just as she was about to lie down, Cheverston came in, a broad smile on his face.

"Sleep well?" He asked with a grin.

Jade glared at him in return.

Cheverston extended his arm, flexing his index finger at her. "Card."

Jades eyes darted to the floor. She knew she had to give him the card. But the card was her only hope.

Cheverston leaned down to her ear, his breath hot on her neck. "Don't make me repeat myself."

Jade slowly got up and grabbed the pillow, shaking it upside down, awaiting for the card to fall out.

It landed on the bed and Cheverston quickly snatched it, holding it up in the air, examining it.

"Surprised the bitch didn't notice you stole it," he looked over at the camera. "Surprised security didn't pick it up either."

He shrugged his shoulders, pocketing the card. "Not that I really give a shit."

Cheverston strolled towards the Jade. He had his hand on the handle and suddenly spun around to look at her.

"We'll be leaving at half past twelve, so make sure you're ready," he smirked at her. "We're going to have so much fun."

He left, leaving a miserable Jade behind him.

~
Cheverston made his way back to his room, smiling at a couple of staff members along the way.

Once in his room, he packed all his belongings and threw gasoline around the room, making sure he covered every inch of it.

He couldn't leave any evidence behind.

He had everything planned out. He'd set alight to his room, pull the fire alarm, get Jade, escape through the back, fake his death,and make his way across the country.

It was fool proof.

At twenty-five past twelve, he threw his lighter inside the room, closing the door after him and quickly made his way down the corridor, pulling the closet fire alarm on his way to Jades room.

Many staff members were rushing to their patients room, making sure they get out safely.

"Everyone please make your way to the main entrance, and remain calm!" Dr Jordan yelled over the loud sirens.

Cheverston unlocked Jades door at precisely half past twelve and grabbed her by the forearm, mostly dragging her towards the back of the hospital.

He saw the double doors that had a large green block with EXIT written on it. He marched towards it, a smirk on his face.

~
Jade tried to free herself from Cheverston's grasp but he had a tight grip on her.

She yelled for help but nobody heard over the sirens. Cheverston punched her in the stomach, yelling at her to keep her mouth shut.

Once she saw the double doors with EXIT written on top, she began to panic. She knew once she was through those doors she'd never be coming back alive.

She made herself stop walking and Cheverston forced her along with him as she dug her heels in the floor.

"Get off me you ginger bastard!" She screamed.

Cheverston growled and smacked her across the face, causing her to double back in pain.

Cheverston grunted, grabbing her by the leg and dragging her across the floor towards the double doors.

Jade trashed in his grip, kicking her free leg at his hand, which tightened around her ankle each second.

Cheverston eventually made it to the double doors and kicked them both open with heel of his boot.

Jade reached for the doors and managed to get a grip on one.

The sunlight blinded her as she looked back at him as he tugged against her ankle.

He grabbed her roughly around her shoulders and hauled her back, causing her fingers to snap from their grip on the door.

She cried out in pain and he dragged her towards a black Mercedes. She looked back at the hospital and let out a strangled sob.

She'd rather be locked up than with this sadistic.

Cheverston struggled to open the door as Jade began more and more difficult to handle.

He shoved her in and slammed the door on her ankle. She heard a loud snap and screamed, pulling back her leg, tears in her eyes as she held it.

Cheverston scowled at her and got a needle from his bag. He stabbed her in the thigh, compressing the syringe.

Black dots clouded her vision as Cheverston slammed the door shut and got into the drivers seat, starting the car.

Darkness took over and she hoped she'd never see light again.

A/N
I'm really sorry for not updating. As some of you know I took a break from Wattpad (not that it matters tbh) but I haven't updated in over a month and yeah. Hope you enjoy and tomorrow I have a day off so hopefully I can maybe have another chapter up. Again really sorry.