Chapter Thirty-One

Rachel and Jade tumbled down the stairs at high speed. Both women crashed to the floor like a ton of bricks and both were still.

Jade thought for sure her head was split open, considering the amount of pain she was in.

Rachel on the other hand was unconscious, blood pumping from the top of her head.

Jade groaned, looking around groggily, trying to process on what the hell just happened.

Rachel began to stir, a moan of pain escaping her lips. Jade lay on the floor, unsure on where she was or what the hell she was doing.

Rachel was slowly getting to her feet, using the railing for support. Jades blurry vision passed and she finally realised on what was going on.

Rachel was getting up and was trying to retrieve the gun on the stairs.

Jade flipped over onto her stomach and slowly but surely got to her feet, using the wall for support. Pain spread throughout her body as she stood up straight. She stumbled sideways, the wall supporting her, black dots clouding her vision.

Jade went after her and tackled her into the railing. Rachel scowled and kicked her away with her heel. Jade cried out, her stomach in agony.

Jade got a hold of her ankle and yanked at it. Rachel slipped down a few steps, whacking her knee on the way down. Rachel yelped but continued to crawl her way up the stairs.

Jade recovered from the blow before hand, still in a large amount of pain. She placed both hands on the railing and hauled herself aggressively up the steps, towards the gun.

Rachel got there first, her fingers wrapping around the pistol and she aimed at Jade. Jade jumped on top of her and Rachel fired.

The bullet grazed Jades cheek and slapped Rachel across the face. Rachel roared and they fought, clawing and kicking at one another. They ended up tumbling to the bottom of the stairs again, sprawled on top of other.

Jade made a grab for the gun, stepping on Rachel's face in the process as she got up.

Rachel cried out in pain and lay on the floor, breathing heavily. Jade stood on shaky legs, aiming the gun straight at Rachel.

Rachel began to plead. "Please, Jade," she sobbed. "I'm your mother."

Jade took some time to catch her breath and gave Rachel a cold look. "You really think that's gonna stop me from shooting you?"

Rachel spat at her. "Do it then, you little shit."

"This is for me and dad, and for the hell you put us through," Jade snarled, clicking off the safety.

"Bitch."

Rachel yelled 'wait' but she was too late. Jade pulled the trigger, shooting her straight in the forehead.

Jade shot her again in the neck and then in the heart, making sure she was truly dead.

Jade tossed the empty gun aside. "I hope you rot in hell with Cheverston."

Jade limped away, using the wall to guide her. She approached the front door and took the last set of keys hanging on one of the hooks.

She swung open the door and dawn was breaking. She limped heavily towards the grey and black motorcbike.

She never rode one before and never thought she would in her life. Yet she never thought she'd be kidnapped and that Cheverston would be her father.

Ironic on how things turn out.

Jade hopped on the motorbike, adjusting the helmet on her head. She looked at the forest floor to find car tracks that led deeper into the forest.