Chapter Twenty-Nine

Jade had missed Rachel by inches. Rachel tackled Jade to the floor and gave her a dig in her broken collar bone.

Jade screamed in agony, crying out. She scowled and kicked Rachel in the pit of her stomach, winding her.

Jade painfully got to her feet, searching for the gun. She spotted it underneath the dresser and made a grab for it but Rachel was to quick for her.

Rachel swiped the hair out of her face, panting. "Robertson may have thought you some moves, but Darren also thought me some too."

Jade ran at her at full speed. Rachel collided with her midway and Jade wrapped her hands around the gun and both of them fought over it, tugging it back and forth.

Jade pressed down on the trigger and they both held it high in the air, bullets flying everywhere.

Jade swung her leg at Rachel and walloped her in the knee. Rachel yelped and dropped to the floor, clutching her knee.

Jade got ahold of the gun and aimed it at Rachel and pulled the trigger.

Nothing.

Jades heart sank.

It was empty.

Jade smacked Rachel in the face with the gun and it was tossed aside by Rachel's outstretched hand.

Rachel tackled Jade into the living room and they went tumbling over the sofa, kicking out at each other.

Rachel had an advantage on Jade. She wasn't critically injured and she had heels on which made it ten times more painful when she stepped on Jades toes or kicked her in the shins.

Jade stumbled to her feet, her vision clouding with black dots. Not now she thought miserably.

Jade attacked Rachel, wrapping her fingers around her throat and pinned Rachel down with her body and she squeezed her fingers.

Rachel began to choke. She gagged and kicked her limbs out helplessly. She clawed her razor sharp nails at Jades hands, leaving scratch marks after her.

Jade ignored the pain and squeezed harder. Rachel began to turn a shade of blue and before Jade could finish her off, she was kicked aside.

Jade cried out as pain travelled up her rib cage. She curled into a ball on the floor, clutching her side, the tears rolling down her cheeks.

Rachel gasped for air, rubbing her black and blue throat. Cheverston helped Rachel to her feet, his eyes settling on Jade.

Jade looked around for something to help her up but there was nothing. She was officially a goner.

Cheverston knelt down beside her, a smirk plastered on his blood thirsty lips. "You should've seen the face on your father when I killed him."

Jade froze and stared at Cheverston. "You're lying."

Cheverston cocked his head to the side. "Am I?"

He dragged her up from the floor, ignoring her cries of pain. He dragged her out into the corridor to find the slumped corpse of Robertson.

Jade screamed, tears spilling from her eyes. "NO!"

A pool of blood surrounded Robertson and Jade couldn't believe it. Cheverston had killed him.