I fell in love with my teacher [Love Story] Chapter 7

Chapter 7

As the bell rang signaling the end of the period I finished up the last equation I was working on and began to pack up as other students started to pile out of the classroom. I put the last of my books in my bag I sensed something behind me. I stood up straight and turned around to see if anything was there.

Mr. Easton's blue eyes looked down at me as he spoke

"Taylor right?"

"Yes, Taylor" I said to him looking at the floor nervously while playing with the bottom of my singlet

"You did well today, I take it you like maths?" he asked

"Um, no not really" I said honestly "It was maths or science and I had already chosen biology so...."

"Hmm, I see. Well maybe we can change your opinions of it." He said with a gleaming smile.

We walked out the door together and down the hall. They were pretty crowded with students and the occasional teacher hurrying to their next classes. While we walked he talked about his days in University and how he already misses it but all I could think of is if he had recognised me from the plane or if he thought I looked familiar...pretty.... cute... Wait! What was I thinking he was my teacher...my very young handsome, hot-

"Taylor? Don't you think?" he asked nudging my arm as he looked at me

A shiver ran up my spine when our arms made contact.

"Umm, yes." I answered quickly, hoping it was the right answer

"Great! It's settled then I'll tutor you on Monday, Wednesday and every second Friday starting next week. Free of charge of course. You'll be better at maths and loving it in no time!" he said with a huge grin.

Crap... what had I got myself into. Not that I didn't want to have some one on one time with him but I only just met him and I hadn't even had a chance to go to all my classes and see how I do in them yet. What if I needed tutoring for another subject!

"Do you only teach maths?" I asked as we walked around the corner to the hall where my 2nd period class was.

"Nope, Science and some English too." Mr. Easton said.

"If I need help with them could you maybe tutor me in them too?" I asked

"Sure if you want me too." he said stopping at a classroom to our left.

"Great, thanks. Is this your next class?" I asked, stopping beside him

"Yeah." He said smiling.

"Oh ok, well see you later" I said trying not to blush as he gave me one of those grins

As he walked into the classroom I continued to walk slowly to my classroom that was further up the hall

"OH! Taylor!" I heard from behind me

I turned to see Mr. Easton poking his head out of the doorframe

"Yeah?" I called back

"I'm glad you had a safe flight," he said with a smirk. Then he disappeared back into the room

I stood in one place while my emotions took over me. Happiness, nerves and a bad case of butterflies all came at once. It was the weirdest but best feeling I had ever felt. A bell rang though, interrupting my thoughts. I quickly shook of what had just happened and headed two more doors down to my class. I didn't even taking notice of anyone or anything as I walked into the classroom and sat at the first empty desk I saw.

Why did I care so much? I couldn't even start to like him... he was my teacher... that I had only met today. I knew for sure I had never felt like this with any other boy let alone a man.

The teacher walked into the room and started to speak. I didn't listen though and I only vaguely caught that I was in English but other then that nothing.

I sat there thinking for most of the period and decided in the end that I didn't like him and I would try to avoid him to see if that helps. Maths and tutor classes were the only time I could see him or speak to him. Unless he approached me first.

The teacher interrupted my thoughts as she told the class we could have the remaining 10 minutes left of class to chat amongst ourselves. I turned around and looked around the class to see if I knew anyone. I spotted a familiar face at the back looking out the window at something.

I stood up and moved to the back of the room near the window

"Hey Jake, I didn't know you were here" I said to him, placing my hand on his shoulder. Jake is my age and clearly the safer option so maybe if I just focused on him my strange obsession with Mr. Easton would die down or hopefully disappear.

Jake turned around pulling his eyes away from the window to look up at me. He grinned at me and answered.

"Yeah you came in like a ghost. I called out to you and everything I was afraid I had done something to make you angry but I couldn't figure out what..." he said with a worried look.

"Oh did I? I didn't even see you. I must have still been distracted from Maths, sorry." I said honestly

"Why were you distracted? Its only maths." He said confused

"Oh...I...Um...the teacher I have just gave us a hard equation to solve and I only just figured it out 15 minutes ago." I said all at once while brushing my hair away from my face

Smooth. I thought.

The bell rang and Jake and I headed of to find the others to eat lunch. As we exited the classroom and headed out toward the quad I saw Mr. Easton already on the other side of the quad headed for the staff room. I felt the need to go after him and talk to him again but instead I pushed the thought out of my brain, scolding myself for even thinking about him in the first place and focused on what was right beside me. Jake. Who had his arm playfully slung around my shoulder as he babbled on about something or other. It was just too easy to be around him nothing was ever awkward or boring.

I smiled to myself because my plan could work out better then expected.