I fell in love with my teacher [Love Story] Chapter 35

I took a day off school today because i have some silly reflection day at school. So instead I wrote this and now i'm going for a drive to get my hours up on my L's (learner driver).

I never really understood how driving works in america... once you turn 16 you're allowed to drive in a car by yourself, any passengers or? Someone explain it to me!

anyway heres chapter 35.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked out of the classroom to find the halls empty. Everyone must have already left and gone to the dining hall for lunch, I didn’t think I spent that long talking to Mr Easton in the classroom.

I shrugged to myself as I walked in the direction of the dining hall. The usual lunch scene folded out in front of me and I walked through the dining hall’s doors. My eyes passed each group of students who sat around their normal tables eating lunch until I found my group. I hurried up the front to get my food and then sat down. I didn’t want to miss anymore of lunch then I already had. Everyone gave me a small smile as I sat down but they didn’t stop their conversation. It didn’t take me long to tune into what they were talking about and when I did my stomach twisted into an uncomfortable knot.

“I would have never guessed, I haven’t even seen them talk.” Tyler said shaking his head in disbelief.

“I wonder who made the first move.” Jake wondered aloud

“I wonder if it’s even true.” Rachel said making the table come to a silence.

“What do you mean? Daniel said that Gary said Ben saw her go into his room.” Carly said

“I don’t know maybe it’s just a rumour that was blown out of proportion. Maybe she was going to Mr Tate’s room to hand in a late essay or something?” Rachel suggested.

My stomach loosened a bit when I heard Mr Tate’s name. At least I knew now that they had no idea about Mr Easton, well, except for Tyler who seemed to have forgotten I ever told him—even in the midst of this conversation.

Just before lunch rumours broke out amongst the students that a girl called Claire was messing around with a teacher. People weren’t sure if they were dating or what—but that didn’t stop everyone from talking about it and making up their own theories, much like what my group was doing now.

“He could get arrested!” Jake said quietly

“Where is Claire anyway?” Amy said finishing off her lunch, which reminded me to start mine or I’d run out of time.

We all looked around as I took a bite out of my apple. She was nowhere to be seen.

“Maybe in the principals office?” Jake smiled

“Poor girl.” Rachel said shaking her head

“What do you mean?” I asked surprised

“Well Mr Tate should have known better… it’s so easy for girls to fall for older guys.”