Chapter Fifteen

Harry's P.O.V.

I saw Haddie weeping over Niall. She was sitting on his bed, her face in her hands. I think we all were watching through the tiny little window. We tried not to but...we were curious. I watched her cry. I needed to go in there. I needed to help her. I needed to comfort her. I placed my hand on the door handle, ready to push it open. A hand was placed on my shoulder. I turned and saw Louis frowning at me.

"Harry, no." He told me. I wanted to protest, tell him she was my friend and that I needed to be there for her. He just shook his head. 

"Louis...she's in pain...I need to be in there with her." I told him, pushing the handle down. I didn't open the door...I wanted for his response. His hand didn't leave my shoulder.

"She's confused. She can't remember anything. She needs to be alone." He told me. My hand was slowly released from the handle. I lead myself up against the door and watched her through the window. I needed to help her I know...but I suppose leaving her alone with help her enough.

 *****

Haddie's P.O.V. 

I couldn't stop myself from crying. He needed to be here. I don't know why he needed to be here. Maybe if I was smart I would go to Harry. After all, I heard him confess his love for me just a simple hour before. I remember being completely upset seeing Niall and Chelsea together. I remember feeling like an empty hole had been ripped from my chest. I remember leaving to my car, claiming I was going to the store when Niall stopped me. I remember sliding over. As soon as Niall pulled out of the driveway I can't remember anything. It's just blank. Then all of a sudden I wake up in the hospital, hearing Harry saying he loves me but wanting to be with Niall. I don't know why. I should be mad at him. I should be hating his guts. I should hate him so much...but I don't hate Niall. I can't hate Niall. Because for some reason in that short amount of time something had changed and now I realize I am in love with Niall. And I don't know why.

 I tried to compose myself. I dropped my hands from my face and into my lap. I turned and I stared at Niall's limp and almost lifeless body. He looked like he was in pain...if he was I had no way of knowing. I'm sure something was my fault. I'm sure everything was my fault. I'm sure I'm the one that got us in this mess. I'm sure it's all my fault. I'm sure everything is my fault. Everything. I'm sure I'm the one that caused us to end up in the hospital. I'm sure I'm the one that caused Niall to be in a coma.

The doctor's said he should be waking up. But he's not. And right now, I'm feeling like he might never. And the guilt is chewing at my insides. The painkillers help the physical pain, sure. But the emotional pain? There's nothing to heal that. There is nothing but Niall's consciousness. If Niall wakes up...everything might go away. 

I don't know why, but my body was suddenly put into autopilot. I laid on my back next to Niall. I pulled me legs up onto the bed. I turned myself and I was facing him. I took his arm and I put it around my shoulders. It somehow made me warmer. It made me feel good. It reminded me of when he was holding me when I was crying for no damn reason. I curled myself up next to him, feeling his warmth. I didn't take my eyes off him. I reached up and I brushed a little of his blonde hair out of his eyes. They were the first thing I wanted to see. I touched his cheek, my hand gentle to his skin. I then ran my index finger over his lips. They were chapped and dry...but they were also soft. I put my hand back on his cheek, the one farther away from me. I pulled his face over until he was inches from me. I ran my fingers along his jaw line, feeling some stubble here and there. It was nothing to me though. I looked at his lips. I returned my gaze to his eyes, then back to his lips. I pulled myself forward until my lips were inches from his. I looked at his closed eyes again. I leaned a forward a little more until my lips were on his.