Chapter Six

Harry's P.O.V.

Haddie looked surprised when I ran into her. She looked confused and...pale? She looked like she'd just seen a ghost or had just thrown up. She looked up at me and released a heavy sigh.

"You okay?" I asked. She just looked at the ground and nodded. She walked into the living room and collapsed on the big reclining chair. I slowly followed her over and sat on the couch parallel to the chair. She hid half her face with her fight and and I saw her eyes were closed. I sat on the edge of the couch and folded my hands together and rested my elbows on my knees. "Something wrong? Why'd you storm off?" I asked her. Haddie took a minute to respond. And before she did she looked at me long and hard, as if she was trying to determine whether or not she could trust me or not. Which she can. I'm her best friend...what could she tell me that she would be hesitant to speak?

"I kissed Niall." She said quietly. My eyes practically bugged out of my eye sockets but I looked away, trying to hide my shock. So she kissed Niall, eh? Damn...bought time. I mean we've all seen the way Niall looks at her. We all can tell that he's seriously crushing on her. He lights up every time she walks into the room. It totally wasn't a surprise to me that she finally realized it and jumped on it.

"So?" I asked her. It seemed like she was making a big deal about it. She adjusted herself in the chair, always looking uncomfortable. Which I don't know why because that recliner...man I could sleep in it for like...ever. Anyways...

"I mean I don't know how I feel about it..." She confessed. Great. Poor Niall...if he ever found out. Damn that would crush his poor little leprechaun heart. Niall is always jumping at a girl he thinks he loves and then she cuts him down. I really, really don't like knowing the fact that it could be happening again...my best friend Haddie being the person cutting him down. "I have mixed emotions about everything...and I'm so God damn confused!" She said, getting louder with every word. I didn't speak for a while. I tried to analyzing the situation. Of course I remember hearing her confess 'feelings' for me when she was drunk last night but of course she was drunk...so it could mean anything. Wait...was she serious about that? "I mean...I just don't know who I really like." She told me. Now I get it. She still thinks she has 'feelings' for me. 

"Haddie..." I started, leaning in closer to her. I was still a few feet away from her people, I'm not gonna kiss her. "You know we're just best friends...right?" I said. I didn't want her to think it was really me that's tearing her away from Niall. She looked around nervously for a brief second and then let out a forced laugh.

"Of course I know that, Harry." She lied. Come on, we'd been friends forever. I can tell when this girl is lying. And she is lying. Badly, at that. I leaned back in the couch.

"Haddie I know you're lying." I told her. She started to try and defend herself but I didn't let her. "Haddie...if you think you have feelings for me, just tell me." I said to her. She looked like she was about to deny everything but she second-guessed herself and didn't say anything right away. She just sighed deeply.

"Fine! Oh my God...fine! I surrender. Yes, I have feelings towards you, Harry. But I'm confused. I don't know what to do. I also really like Niall. I'm caught in a stupid situation. I need to know what to do." Haddie blurted out very quickly. I didn't say anything at first, just trying to think. I needed to chose my words carefully...

"Haddie...I care about you. Deeply. But I honestly don't know if I share those same feelings towards you that you have about me." I told her slowly. She leaned back hard in her chair and covered her face with her hands. I hate seeing her so stressed out about this. She let out some kind of grunt/scream...she just let out some strange in-humane noise. Let's put it that way. Then she sprung forward in her chair and looked at me with crazy eyes. It was honestly kind of terrifying. It's like touching Zayn's hair products...or stealing Niall's food. Or making an 'inappropriate' joke around Liam. Or trying to wear stripes while spending the day with Louis...

"WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SAY THAT?!" Haddie yelled at me. My eyes widened and I tried to lean back in my seat as far as I could...just to get away from her, really. She slammed her self back into the recliner. Damn...what is going on in her head?!

"What is that supposed to mean?" I demanded. Haddie just covered half her face with her hand. She had her eyes in slits. Haddie then slowly leaned forward and looked at me in the eyes.

"Why do I have to be like this? Why can't I just like one person..." She said to me softly, almost like she was begging for me to change things. She looked at me so desperately...it made me want to change things for her. She's been best girl friend for as long as I can remember. Even though we were on different continents for six years. 

"I'm sorry, Haddie...but there's nothing I can do." I told her. She looked away and nodded. She leaned back into the recliner again, this time not as hard as usual. She looked into the distance and looked thoughtful. I stood up and placed my hand on her head. She looked up at me and half-smiled. I didn't know what else to do. So I just walked back down the stairs and headed back to the campfire. 

Damn. It's hard to hide your love for someone.

********************************* AUTHOR'S NOTE **********************************

Liking it? READ! COMMENT! LIKE! ALSO Obviously the boys and El and Dani will stay the same person, but do you have any ideas on who should play Haddie? She has blond hair and green eyes...any suggestions?(: Thanks!! OVER 200 READS WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! CRAZY HAPPINESS ALL UP IN HEEERR. lol so thanks! i love you all! also dont forget to check out my new story 'Relocating 1D'!!! It's a Zayn fanfic(: Please read! thank yooooou!!!(:

-Kate xx