Thought Thirty - Seven. - What isn't mine.

Jones' Perspective.

I open my eyes, and I don't remember going to sleep. 

I look around, and see that I am in a bedroom. Only, I'm not in a bed. Looking down I see that I am tied to a kitchen chair, by rope. What's going on? I can't seem to remember how I ended up here. Where is here

The bedroom is fair in size, and the walls are painted a dark purple. There's a bed and wardrobe and a mirror. Decoration is sparse. There isn't anything to really indicate as to where I am. I thrash against my restraints and try to break the rope. It's a strong hold, but I am stronger. Tugging away with all of my strength, I break free. 

Starting for the door, my body freezes. 

As I hear an ear numbing shrill of a scream coming from somewhere in the house. 

Ariel. 

And just like that, I remember. 

Ariel had been falling down the stairs, and I was running and sliding. Trying to catch her before she collided with the hard floor. All I remember is dashing out, arms outstretched, and then blackness. The last thought that I had, was that I had failed. 

I don't take failure well. 

Is Ariel okay? Is she screaming in pain because of her fall? I must not have caught her in time. This is my fault. That's probably why I was tied up in here. Neven probably has some kind of torture plan in store for me as a punishment. Well... he can cross that off of his list of things to do, because I can take care of punishing myself. I will not allow myself to live, if I have hurt her. 

I leave the room and follow the screams of the girl that makes my heart beat. Right now, my heart is being torn apart with every new sound of pain that leaves her mouth. What could possibly cause her so much pain? She has the ability to heal quicker then a human now, so what could do this to her?

Coming to a closed door, I push it open and hurl myself at the first person I see. 

Neven. 

The look of surprise that he's wearing proves to me that he thought his rope was fool proof. He thought wrong, obviously. I manage to get one good punch in at his face, before he is fully grabbing me and holding me in place. 

"Jones! You idiot." He growls in my ear."Can't you see that we are a little busy right now?" He turns my body around so that I am staring directly at Ariel. 

My mind goes blank. 

"Did...did I do this to her?" The shock and pain that I am feeling is clearly showing on my face. 

Neven gives me a sideways glare, his lips threatening to quirk into a smile. 

"You?" He pauses, as if in deep thought. "There are a lot of things that I would blame on you, but what is happening to Ariel has absolutely nothing to do with you. Thank God." 

"Isn't it my fault that I didn't catch her on time? Isn't she hurt, because of me?" This doesn't make sense. 

"You are such an idiot." He actually laughs a little. I just raise my eyebrow in question. What's so funny about this? "You broke Ariel's fall, and she is fine. Thank you for that. But right now, Ariel is in labour." 

Labour?

No, no, no. She can't be having that baby. I needed her to chose me before she had her child. She was supposed to realize her love for me, before she gave birth. Now, with their child, they will be the perfect family. And I will cease to exist to her. I will be no - one. 

"Isn't it too early still? I thought she had a month!" I say, scrunching  my face up at the sound of her scream. 

Neven rushes to her side, holding her hand. She squeezes hard, making his skin turn white around where her fingers are. He talks without looking at me. 

"She's either early, or we miscalculated how far along she is. Either way, she's having our baby." 

Their baby. 

"How much longer until the pain for her is over? When will the baby arrive?" 

I just want her out of pain. I can't stand it. 

She's pale, and drenched in sweat. There are dark, visible bags looming under her eyes. This is a scene I could never imagine with my dear Ariel. 

But she's not mine. 

"She should be fine soon. The baby is coming!" He quickly kisses her on the forehead, whispering something to her. He walks to the end of the bed, where her legs are parted. "Jones, get out of here."

She's screaming again.

She's having the baby.

So many things are going through my head. I want to be here for her, to help her through the pain. But I also can't stand watching her in this pain either. I am not the one she wants here with her right now. She wants Neven. She needs Neven.  I see that right now. 

Without looking back at her, I leave the room in a hurry.