Thought Thirty-Five.- Breath-taking.

Ariel - present time. 

                                                                                    ~*~

Everyday brings on new challenges, and I know this.

Life isn't meant to be perfect. 

What fun would that be?

I awake to the sun streaming in through the large window in our bedroom. I embrace the light, rubbing my hand over my massive belly. One more month or so, and my little one will be here. I'm excited and nervous. I have been extremely cautious and have been making all of the right health choices for my body. 

The main thing that keeps troubling me is the fact that we don't actually have a doctor. We have been keeping track of how far along I am with our calendar. Since we know the exact date of when my pregnancy initially started, I seem to be right on track. Neven says that there are no doctors here. But he has explained to me that with all of the magic, and herbal remedies, nothing can go wrong. 

But isn't that what people always say?

Nothing will go wrong?

Once something like that is said, it's like begging for something horrible to happen. And I don't think that I can take any more horrible.

My dreams are horrible. 

Most of them, at least. 

Some nights I just dream of his face, those midnight eyes. Other nights I dream of him touching me, his scent intoxicating me, luring me into a deeper sleep. After all of the nightmares I have had with Jones in them, I welcome the other dreams. His touch feels so real. His expressions are so vulnerable, and boy like. The good dreams are always a reinactment of what happened in the hot-spring together, except we aren't always in the hot-spring. Sometimes we are in his cave, and other times we are in my yard or in the forest. 

The only thing that changes about the reinactment, is that he never bites me. 

The nightmares involve us together, as a couple. But there is never anything pure about our relationship. We are usually groping each other, in front of Neven. Or there was the one with Persephany. 

So eerie.

The thought sends shivers scurrying up my spine. 

I shake my head, trying to clear it. It's time to get out of bed, and to get ready for a new day. I step out of bed, drawing the covers back. Raising my arms wide in a stretch, I stand up. 

Ah, I'v got to pee like a racehorse! 

I quickly waddle my way into the washroom and relieve myself, soon after I start up a warm shower and clean myself up. 

                                                                               ~*~

Walking into the kitchen, I glance around the room looking for Neven. It's quite late in the morning, so even though I know that he will be outside, I still look. I love seeing his face, he just makes me so unbelievably happy. I'm right though, he's not in here. 

I go over to the cupboard and pull out four vials, for breakfast. Then to the fridge, and pour myself a tall glass of cold orange juice. 

My breakfast special.