Thought Seventeen. - Regret. (Jones' P.O.V.)

"We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons." 

-Jim Rohn

 _____________________________________________________________________________

I unlatch my fangs from her delicate skin and take a step back, releasing her from my grip. 

She looks at me in pure horror and sadness. So helpless, her arms at her sides, her body trembling, and blood still drips out of the two puncture wounds I made. 

I am such a fucking idiot. 

Dashing under the water, I swim as fast as I can to the other side of the waterhole, and jump out. Running, I take off out of the room, never looking back. As I run to my room, I scream for Sibbul. 

What's taking her so darn long?

After the fourth scream she lands on the ground in front of me, making me come to a stop. She looks me up and down, and gives me a quizzical look. 

"Master, you are naked." 

I look down at myself, and agree with the faerie. 

I am indeed naked.

"No matter. I need you to attend to Ariel right away. She's in the shower room still." 

Sibbul nods her head and replies, "Yes master, right away." Then takes off towards the shower room. 

Good.

I cannot face her. 

She hates me now. 

Before retiring to my room, I decide to stop quickly into the kitchen for something to rid my mouth from the taste of her blood. 

It was awful. 

The most disgusting blood that I have ever tasted...except for when I had drank from Neven. 

His was the same. 

What are they?

I grab a bottle of red wine, and taking off the cap I set the chilled rim to my lips, tip my head back, and chug. The cold contents of the bottle quickly slush down my throat; disappointing me a little. It's so much better when it's warm and sweet; like blood. 

Finishing the bottle, I chuck it at the cave wall, watching the glass shatter everywhere. 

Now this, is somewhat satisfying. 

Being able to destroy something, so easily. The feeling is empowering. I open one of the cupboards and grab a handful of glasses. One at a time, I send them flying into the wall. Each one shattering, making it rain glass shards. After my hands are empty, and I can no longer find anything smash-able, I wipe my hands off on a towel. 

Why am I so destructive?

I was so caught up in the passion, want and need. The scent of her skin set me on edge the moment I entered the shower room with her clothes and towels. I had told Sibbul to leave it to me to bring her stuff to her. 

Once I saw her standing there in the water, her shoulders bare, the steam rising around her - that's when I had lost any amount of self - control that I had left. 

I got so caught up, that I nearly drained her, even though her blood tastes like expired milk.

None of this registered at the time, when it would have mattered the most. 

She should have felt pleasure, a euphoria of sorts, from my feeding. 

But instead, she was in pain. 

Again, I find myself wondering what she is. She is definitely not just a reincarnated soul, meant to be mated to that good for nothing Neven. They are of a different species, some sort of creature... magical? I'm not sure. 

I head towards my room to get clothed and to finally retire to my bed, to get some needed rest.

Her fear stricken face never leaving my mind. 

Entering my room, it is dark. I can still see fairly well, but all of the candles have been put out. I head towards my closet, and grab a t-shirt and a pair of boxers. They will have to do. 

Then I hear her shallow breathing. 

I turn around towards the bed, and see a lump under the covers, slightly moving up and down as her breathing continues. I don't want to startle her, but she is in my bed. I quietly walk over to the side she is sleeping on and brush a few strands of loose, damp hair out of her face. 

So beautiful. 

How could I have hurt her so?

She may be stubborn, and a fighter... but she stands no chance against me when I am out of control. I should have known better then to feed off of her; but it was instinct. Females often enjoyed me taking their blood, so her pain was just as much a surprise to me as it had been for her. 

Except she felt the pain. 

And is probably still in pain. 

I grab the red duvet and pull it up more, tucking her in. 

I know that I have no right to do something so gentle and considerate towards her, after being so selfish and causing her so much trouble, but I can't seem to help myself. 

In the past we had never gotten as close to making love as we had just an hour ago. 

A mere hour. 

So many years of trying to figure this one girl out. Figure out who she is, what she likes and dislikes. Figure out a way for us to be together, without her having to fulfil such a toll taking destiny with Neven. 

Would she have stayed with me, and left Neven if I hadn't lost control? 

I ask myself pointless questions as the night goes on. 

Pointless, because everything has already happened. 

I will just have to wait until she wakes up, and then we will see how much she truly hates me. 

I decide that it is probably best to leave her be, in my bedroom, alone. If she wakes up to me in the same room, I can't bare to think of what kind of reaction she would have. I leave my room, and walk the dark hall until I reach my living room area. The fire is still burning hot, and our pillows are still placed on the floor where we had left them. 

I push the pillows together and create a makeshift bed, plopping myself onto them. I stare at the fire until my eyes become too heavy to fight any longer, and plunge, head first,  into a regret filled sleep.