Thought Three. - A Deathly Encounter.

____________________________________________________________________________

"...arggghh." I wake up to my neck and back killing me..what the hell. I look around at my surroundings, and then remember. Oh yeah. I'm sleeping on a tree branch. I slowly get up, realizing that the boy is still asleep, and I don't really want to wake him up. I crack my neck, and then stretch. 

That's a little better. 

I quietly start removing myself from the branch, and climb down the gigantic willow. Good thing I'm not a total girly-girl, I've climbed a few trees in my lifetime. I take the last plummet to the dewy grass and take a secretive look upwards. 

Good. He's still sleeping. 

I'm going on an adventure. 

I don't really want him knowing I'm leaving. I just want to get this show on the road. I start walking around the enveloped space of the tree, and find the entrance we had taken to get in. I pull the sweeping branches to the side and am engulfed in darkness. Darkness? Why is it still dark? Did I not sleep for long? I step out and take a breath. 

Mmm, fresh night air. There can be nothing better. 

Staring around, I see the beautiful night stars and a forest of trees. Surrounding me is endless land. I can't see much, as far as details go, but I can see the outlines of shapes. It's so dark. Kind of eerie. 

I try to gulp back the lump in my throat that has appeared from my sudden fear. 

Pffft.....darkness. 

Wasn't I supposed to be a creature of the night now? Part of the scary nightmare? 

A Vampire?

"Uh...no." I startle myself as I realize I actually answered my own question out lout. How sheepish, I thought. 

I blindly continue to walk down what seems to be a path, thinking to myself. 

He had said that I have a choice. I can pick. 

Humanity, doomed to reincarnate and repeat this mess, or vampirism and live all of eternity with a boy that I don't even know, in a land I don't remember. 

Quite the predicament. 

Even if I do decide to be human and go home, would I be putting my soul through a never ending cycle of torture?  And what about the boy who claims to know me already? Am I causing him pain? Heartbreak? And not to mention the thousands of trapped souls. 

Innocent souls. Did they deserve this? 

"OUCH!....God dammit!" I have been so caught up in my own thoughts I haven't even been paying attention to where I was walking. 

And I walked straight into a rock. 

Or at least that's what it felt like. I look up and see a shadowy figure of a man. He's looking down at me. 

Fackkk! That friggen hurt! I quickly punch the chest of the man that I had just ran into. Not a good idea on my behalf. OUCH, again. 

He is like a brick wall. Surely not human. Quickly analyzing everything I come to the conclusion that he must be a vampire. So cliché.

"Hey! Twit! Do you have a death wish?!" He glares at me, I feel as if I may turn into stone. I feel myself shivering in fear...but I can't seem to move my feet from the spot. It's as if the roots from deep beneath the earth have ravelled their way up, breaking ground and winding around my ankles. 

I don't think that I can actually move. 

"Do you speak? Helll-ooooo? Anyone in there?!" He grabs my shoulders roughly and shakes me out  of my trance. He is still staring daggers at me. Ohhh, if looks could kill.