Thought Twenty-One. - The Privilege Of A Kiss.

Hey everyone :) Thanks again for reading, please comment/vote. 

I have lots more to write still, but I am going to put it all into the next chapter. Don't worry you won't have to wait too long! Luv you guys! Enjoy :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Soulsuckingvampire."  I let the words rush out of my mouth in a jumble.

"Come again?"

"I said...that I am a soul sucking, vampire." I brace myself, waiting for his stare of judgement. But it doesn't come. He lays down beside me on the floor, and gently takes my injured hand. I suck in a sharp breath, as the feeling of his skin touching my mangled hand inflicts pain. The pain shoots all the way up my arm, but I grit my teeth and bare it, because I know he doesn't mean to hurt me, and that he is willing to help me. 

"So you're a vampire..." 

"Sort of, I guess. I mean, I don't need blood to survive like you do. I need the souls of unkind beings." 

"Unkind?"

"Yeah, like 'creatures' that choose evil over good, dark before light, or are just plain mean. At least that's all Neven has taught me." 

'Neven? So Neven is like you?" 

"Yes...he told me that we are the only two of out species." I pause, thinking about this myself. "Do you think that's one of the reasons he wants to have a child?"

"To save a rare species, like yourself?" 

"Yeah..I mean..it sort of makes sense.."

"Could be one of his reasons. Or he actually loves you, and wants to have a family with you, and oh yes,  we can't forget about your future child saving thousands of souls, either." 

"I'm not ready for kids." 

"I know." 

"What am I going to do, Jones?" My voice is a whisper, and a shot of pain hits me again, reminding me that I need to heal. 

"I don't know, gem." His voice gives me goosebumps. If he doesn't know, how am I supposed to know?  "I do know one thing though." 

"Hmm?" 

He takes a strand of my hair and plays with it in his left hand, making me shiver as it sends tingles through my neck. He pulls himself closer to me, so that our bodies are touching, and brings a soft kiss to my forehead, murmuring something as his lips are pressed against my head. 

"Hmm?"

He adjusts himself so that my lips brush against his neck, and his smell fills my nostrils with delight. What am I feeling? It's like a hint of lust, and a whole lot of...hunger? I feel my teeth elongate into the fangs that I have never had before. I run my tongue along the bottom of their sharp points, drawing my own blood. Somehow I know what I am supposed to do right now, but I mentally stop myself just in time. 

"Take some of mine, gem. I'm not a saint by any means, and you can stop when you have healed."

Wait.

What?

"No, Jones. I can't. I don't know what I'm doing, or how to stop. What if I hurt you?" I say all of this sincerely, but my lips are still so very close to his neck, and my instincts are telling me that I know exactly how to do this.

"You won't hurt me, and if you do, I deserve it anyways. Just bite me."  He grips my head and shoved my face directly into his neck, just in time for me to open my mouth; and sink in.